• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I took in a Guinea Pig today!

Wickgaga

Warren Scout
She's been at the feed store for a while; and her and her cage mate looked somewhat sickly.. Well, I went to get pellets today and her original cage mate was gone, and she was still there looking much more healthy than before, and with the other, new pig they put with her was mounting her. I decided to take her. In case she may be pregnant, to get her checked up and for sure healthy, and because she has such bad overgrown nails I couldn't leave her there more! I felt like she needed a good home ASAP.

I've named her Yoshi.

I wish I'd taken her in with her original cage mate when he was still there. I just hadn't wanted to risk anything getting spread to my (then current) 6. But I just couldn't let her continue to stay there. So playing the safe game, as always of course.

Oh those nails look uncomfortable! :(

It's alright Yoshi, you're safe now and will have a wonderful life.

:love:

Shes gorgeous! But the shop who sold her to you should be ashamed of themselves for letting her nails get like that :(

Thank you everyone. She is already such a sweetie. I've got her nails clipped down, and she needs a bath, but letting her settle more before "throwing" her into that!

Thought I'd put an update here since no new pictures for new thread just yet. She's been doing well, and has started being vocal since I've gotten her. She comes to me already when I'm around, I'm sure looking for veggies. Which she loves! I just hope she doesn't need to sing at the top of her lungs like my others for them. :lol:

Back