• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rehome Photo Problem

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Is there something weird going on with the photo uploader on Rabbit Rehome? I went to update some of the pics of the buns that have been here a while, and found that the same photos were repeated over and over again, some were on there 10 times :shock:

Now I'm trying to put newer pics of Thumper on, but every time I try it pulls up an old one somehow :? I've tried changing the file name to something completely different but it still does it. :(

Help! :wave:

ETA: There was probably a better place for this thread, but I wasn't sure where to put it :oops: and I'm not sure who deals with RR stuff now.

That's the photo I can see, I'm wondering if your browser isn't refreshing properly. When you upload photos it renames them using a ID number for the rabbit so when you upload a new photo it might be a different picture with the same name. If your web browser stores a copy it will show the old image instead of a new one.

Depending on your browser there is usually an options/settings/tools menu that will have a clear cache or clear temporary internet files option - see if that helps :)

That's the photo I can see, I'm wondering if your browser isn't refreshing properly. When you upload photos it renames them using a ID number for the rabbit so when you upload a new photo it might be a different picture with the same name. If your web browser stores a copy it will show the old image instead of a new one.

Depending on your browser there is usually an options/settings/tools menu that will have a clear cache or clear temporary internet files option - see if that helps :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I've cleared the cache and refreshed the page and I can see it now :D How odd! I've updated the photos before and that hasn't happened. My laptop has been ridiculously slow recently though, maybe that's why. Glad I'm not going mad :lol:

Thank you! :wave: xx

ETA: Now some of the pics aren't showing at all! :shock: Snowflake & Star are just green boxes! I'm hoping that's just my laptop being weird?

Last edited:
Back