• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly question but.....

I think so, but I guess it depends what you insulate it with as some materials hold heat which isn't what you want in the summer.

I haven't insulated my shed, though my rabbits are locked into their hutch (which is in the shed) at night and have a cosy bed chamber in there to snuggle up in. My husband did however nail a few sheets of plywood to the lower half of the shed walls as they were terribly draughty. Their water freezes sometimes but they're all cosy toes :love:

Thanks. The bed bit from their current hutch is going in so that should keep them nice and cosy.:thumb:

Simple answer is NO. The issue with sheds is they usually have a black/dark roof, this will absorb a great deal of heat in the summer and then the shed will effectively be an oven.

I have previously posted many times there is little point in insulating a shed as there is not enough internal heat generated by the rabbits to warm the shed. Only worth while if there is a heater also.

Yes!! Do remember to insullate the inside of the roof as well as the sides and the floor too. That way in the winter the heat will stay inside and in the summer the heat will stay outside :D Make sure in the summer you have shade over the windows and they will be lovely and cool in the summer months! My four are all kept in a fully unsulated shed and their water bottles and bowls only froze (slightly) at -minus 9 :wave: Also in the hot summer we had they were lovely and cool too. It really does work and is a great investment!!

Agreed if you do the roof, which most people forget. The roof attracts the most heat due to direct sunlight, try going into a loft in the middle of summer, it is very warm. :thumb::thumb:

The shed will not stay 'warm' it will take the edge off of the very cold temps though....

Last edited:
Back