• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just picked up a rabbit in a terrible.. *Happy Update*

silverrabbit

Mama Doe
I was concerned earlier that there was an ad for a free bunny & need gone asap type thing, in the pics she looked miserable as sin so thought dammit I can't just leave her. En route (i'm NW London, bunny was SW :shock: 3hr round trip :shock: ) I was starting to think hmm maybe it's not as bad as my gut thinks it is...

My gut was right. Bunny was in a box when I arrived and had not had hay for a while, just Wagg bunny brunch. Was concerned that she didn't try to hop out of the shallow box and when I picked her up I saw why :cry: a massive lump of poo pulling on the skin around her bits, plus so much matted fur that she could never reach the dirty bits to clean. Her nails were DISGUSTINGLY long :evil: She was also quite chubby :( When I picked her up she snuggled right into me and loved nose rubs, bless her.

Apparently she was dumped on this lady and she has been looking for a home for her for the past 2 months :cry: she said she was too scared of bunny to pick her up so hadn't checked her :cry:

Have spent an hour trying to sort bunny out a bit, and she seems more comfortable now and is quite happily tucking into her hay :love:

Some pics:

Nails were 1.5inches long :(

halfway through tidy up

What came off

Looking grumpy but more comfortable

Such a sad situation :cry:

Last edited:
well done on sorting her out, she's lucky you found her.
Poor thing looks like she will be much happier now :love:

Oh she is adorable!! Are you going to keep her? Bless her, she'll be wondering if she's gone to heaven when she recovers from the clean-up.

Ahh she's beautiful :love:
I hope all is ok with her and that you have many happy years together.
She really is gorgeous xx

Thank you all, she is lovely and my heart broke when I saw (and smelled) her.

As for keeping... it's not great timing, however she is spayed (the woman had rehomed her bonded male friend separately :evil: ) and I have a single male... if she recovers and settles then I would def try a bond.

These things always happen when you're not planning it or ready :roll: she's in a 5ft hutch for tonight as was too late to sort anything else out, but she's got more room than in the wooden box so she should be ok for tonight

She's lucky you came along to rescue her, poor little thing :( thank goodness she now has a better home. She's a cutie x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor little sausage she must be so relieved to get rid of that great big clump of muck. :shock:

Thank goodness you were there for her - poor little thing.

I hope things work out and she has a forever home with you.

I'm sure she would give you such a big bear hug if she could, bless her, like others have said she probably feels like she's in heaven. Although things seem to happen at the wrong times there always seems to be a way :)

What a awful state bless her, eell done for rescuing her, she may look grumpy now but I bet she soon cheers up once settled

Oh God how sad to see what a state she was in. So many others out there too. Glad you have given her some relief and a new start.

Back