• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly's Abscess looks like good news

mollyjoker

Mama Doe
Hello Friends,
I posted early October explaining Molly had an abscess the size of a
tennis ball on her face.She underwent surgery and spent a week at the
vet's with husbun Smokey to keep her company.
We went to the vet's everyday for 3 weeks for injections ,cleaning
and maluka honey .
Looked like we were losing the battle as it was starting to return.
My vet Judith Brown said she would like to have another go at getting rid of the infection.
We agreed so Molly had another operation .She was kept in for a few days and we again started daily
visits for treatment.
I am hoping I am not speaking too soon but Judith seems to think it has gone (saying it quietly).
For the last 2 weeks we have not been back for treatment and Molly is back to her
mischievous self.
The dedication of Judith is second to none and I just want to thank her so much.
Also for all vibes and messages from people here.
It really is very reassuring when you have a rabbit savvy vet who refused to give up
and lifting us when we were convinced we were losing are bestest friend.:wave::love:

Last edited:
Hello Friends,
I posted early October explaining Molly had an abscess the size of a
tennis ball on her face.She underwent surgery and spent a week at the
vet's with husbun Smokey to keep her company.
We went to the vet's everyday for 3 weeks for injections ,cleaning
and maluka honey .
Looked like we were losing the battle as it was starting to return.
My vet Judith Brown said she would like to have another go at getting rid of the infection.
We agreed so Molly had another operation .She was kept in for a few days and we again started daily
visits for treatment.
I hoping I am not speaking too soon but Judith seems to think it has gone (saying it quietly).
For the last 2 weeks we have not been back for treatment and Molly is back to her
mischievous self.
The dedication of Judith is second to none and I just want to thank her so much.
Also for all vibes and messages from people here.
It really is very reassuring when you have a rabbit savvy vet who refused to give up
and lifting us when we were convinced we were losing are bestest friend.:wave::love:

That's brilliant news :D

Great news. I have dealt with a few Abscesses in the past and know that they are nasty wee beggers! Hope it is away for good x

Back