• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to dry dandelion leaves?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
We have quite a few around here and I want to be able to dry them.

Anyone know how best to do it?

I'm doing the last of my forage atm and have left them on a newspaper-lined tray near the radiator. Have dried out perfectly in 2 days and smell yum :love:

I'd like to do this too for Rolo - so once they're dried, how long will they last? xx

As long as you store them well (I use small cardboard boxes and don't over-fill) they would last long past being eaten :lol: Some of the dandelions aren't as green as they were when first done in July, but they smell fab and they are still being nommed like no tomorrow :)

As long as you store them well (I use small cardboard boxes and don't over-fill) they would last long past being eaten :lol: Some of the dandelions aren't as green as they were when first done in July, but they smell fab and they are still being nommed like no tomorrow :)

Too dark now, but will venture into the garden tomorrow to see if there's any left! xx

See if you find any plantain.. I found huge leaves in the garden last week and they are bunny favourites :love:

Ermmm! I'm not very green fingered, what does plantain look like - I can manage dandelion but would be a bit scared to give anything else to Rolo!!! :oops:

Back