• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to Cheer George up

Flowerlady

Young Bun
Poor George doesn't get on with the male in my pair so I can't bond him with them, he does need a wife bun but at the moment I don't have the room for two large pens indoors. George was an outdoor bun but has adapted well to being indoors however he seems sad at the moment. I got up this morning and went into the bunny room and he was sat watching longingly at Nala and Gizmo cuddled up and seems lonely. I do have plans to move him back outdoors and bond him with a female but i won't be able to do that until the spring as he has lost a lot of his winter coat and it would be too cold for him to spend the winter out there any suggestions what I could do for him in the meantime?

You could try giving him a teddy, as long as he's not likely to chew it. You could give him toys, tunnels, those balls that you can put pellets in. You could give him treats or herbs hidden inside cardboard egg boxes. Anything to occupy him or give him varied things to play with basically.

Sometimes moving things around and alternating toys can be helpful in keeping a single rabbit amused. Zoobec's suggestions are good too. :thumb:

Mental stimulation is very important to help keep a bunny happy. Perhaps buy one of those plastic balls that allows you to put some treats inside them with an aperture which can be adjusted to suit the size of treat and them let your bunny work for their food.

Excellent advice has been given in the previous posts.

Best of luck.

Back