• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free ranging - next door!!!!

Clare-uk

Mama Doe
So one of my girlies has found a way out & ended up next door - the neighbours both work & their gate is locked! So worried about cats, what she's munching on & everything in between. Plus another neighbour, who's garden backs onto the one shes escaped to just knocked & said she was in his garden, went round & the little bleep went back under the fence 'stressed' :(

Oh dear. Can you lay a trail of her favourite treats back to where you can get hold of her? They might just be more interesting to her than whatever is in the gardens xx

Been returned by the second neighbour who's garden she wandered into! She's very stressed by being caught by strangers but back with her sister & will keep very close eye on her! Oh they are a worry. These two are real escape artists, one even climbed vertically up mesh run divider that's about 4ft high. Will be doing lots more bunny proofing.

Glad you got her back! I remember the heart stopping moments when I discovered mine had decided to go on an adventure! I had an escape artist, my bridge bun Ash, she used to climb up mesh as if it was a ladder when she was young and was always the ringleader in letting her sisters out! I really wish camera phones/digital cameras were around in those days so I could have recorded her doing it. Of all the buns I have had in my lifetime she was the only one who ever could do that!

Glad you got her back! I remember the heart stopping moments when I discovered mine had decided to go on an adventure! I had an escape artist, my bridge bun Ash, she used to climb up mesh as if it was a ladder when she was young and was always the ringleader in letting her sisters out! I really wish camera phones/digital cameras were around in those days so I could have recorded her doing it. Of all the buns I have had in my lifetime she was the only one who ever could do that!

That is exactly like mine, she climbed up that mesh just like using a ladder, exactly how I explained it to my friend. I couldn't work out how she was getting into the other run to start with, then I saw her do it one day and I was quite literally gobsmacked :shock:

I will post piccies of them soon, my Jazz (bun in my avatar pic) was so lonely and stuck in his grieving - for now they live side by side and have improved his behaviour 100% He is so much calmer and relaxed with me again :thumb:

Back