• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fozzie just had me worried

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
I noticed last night that Fozzies eye with glaucoma has streaks of blood on it. I freaked out imagining her eye was going to explode or something.... I called the emergency vets and they said to watch her overnight and call in the morning. She was still eating and seemed ok, if a little irritated by it. She was scratching but normal.

This morning she has tiny poo and was trying to shut the eye so off we went to the vets. Apparently the blood streaks is the eye trying to repair itself, so quite the opposite to what I was thinking!

She still seems irritated by it though, so will watch her very closely today.

Last time it was tested I think it was around 40? Fairly high. She has a slow to heal eye ulcer on that side too.

She's on metacam, 2x abx, 1x glaucoma drop and eye lube. I know there's nothing more we can do for her, just keeping her comfortable. I wasn't expecting to bring her home from the vets this morning to be honest. :(

Last time it was tested I think it was around 40? Fairly high. She has a slow to heal eye ulcer on that side too.

She's on metacam, 2x abx, 1x glaucoma drop and eye lube. I know there's nothing more we can do for her, just keeping her comfortable. I wasn't expecting to bring her home from the vets this morning to be honest. :(

:cry:

Is she an elderly Bunny ? I assume enucleation is not an option ? I had a Bunny with Glaucoma who ended up needing to have the eye removed and he was so much better after the op'.

:cry:

Is she an elderly Bunny ? I assume enucleation is not an option ? I had a Bunny with Glaucoma who ended up needing to have the eye removed and he was so much better after the op'.

Yes, she's 10 years old Jane, I can't / won't put her through the eye removal op. I'd considered it a few months ago, but decided against it.

Last edited:
Back