• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you do with 'rabbit waste'?

marchi1990

Mama Doe
This might sound odd but what do you do with your rabbit waste?

I put the litter contents in the large green recycling bin.

Hay also goes in there.

What about you? What do you do with soggy newspaper?

it all goes in the garden waste at the tip. We just use hay, and occasionally hemp bedding for absorbency on the bottom.

hay and fitch goes in the garden waste brown bin, and the newspaper in the blue cardboard and paper recycling bin. also use next doors brown bin and he uses our normal bin because we hardly fill that and he does no recycling so it works out well. :thumb:

green bin, if it's just her pills sometimes I chuck it around the rose bushes as it's good for the soil.

So far I have 4 full compost bins of it at the allotment so thd rest goes in the green compost bin which the council empty fortnightly and then I fill black bags up and what I cant fit in our general house waste bin I take to the tip

Hay and droppings on the compost heap and soggy newspapers into the fortnightly rubbish.

It goes in the black bin, non recycable waste. We dont have a garden waste bin and in any case our council asks for animal waste not to be put in them

It goes in the black bin, non recycable waste. We dont have a garden waste bin and in any case our council asks for animal waste not to be put in them
Same as this, our bins are only collected fortnightly so we normally have a weekend drive to the local skip with black bags as well

We don't have green bins and it's not allowed at the tip. Luckily allotment holders warmly welcome it.

Everything goes in the same black bin bag and goes in a regular bin. They do very little recycling here, only tin cans and cardboard are allowed in the blue bin otherwise they won't take it.

I have been trading mine with a friend who has an alotment :lol:

1 bag 'dirty bunny' = 1 bag veg i share with the bunnies:oops:

I scatter rabbit waste in the yard and on plants. Soggy newspaper is composted or used to fill in holes etc. if I have too much I throw it away (sadly I don't think the recycling men would take pee soaked newspaper).

I put the hay/poo in the green recycling bin but never sure what to do with the newspaper!!

I use as little newspaper as possible now, and what I do use goes in the black bin. the council used to collect the lot in the green bin, but after 6 years of doing so they suddenly decided they didn't want the newspaper in it and refused to collect the bin. i had the lovely job of trying to seperate it all. Yuk!

Lino all the way for me now, with huge litter trays.

Back