• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly and Barney, U/D Much better :)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I'm a bit worried that I might have to pen them in again; they've been chasing and circling, trying to bite each other's bums :( they don't sit together any more, since I let them out. Should I leave them to get on with it, or pen them in again? They've been loving running around :(

Last edited:
I think you need to do something. Circling is a sign of a fight brewing. How long were they being bonded in the pen for?

I think you need to do something. Circling is a sign of a fight brewing. How long were they being bonded in the pen for?

They have been in a small pen at the RSPCA for 9 days, then another pen here for 9 days. So quite a long time! I don't think it helped that they escaped last night onto the landing, which I haven't neutralised yet :( I have got bunnycam so will keep an eye on them and see how they are tomorrow. Should've known it was going too well!!

It will be because Molly is poorly. I am sorry to say that I think you are going to have to separate them if they are to be left unsupervised :cry:

You poor thing. I can't offer any advice I'm afraid, but thinking of you.

Bonding vibes for Molly and Barney.:love:

They were fine all night and fine at breakfast time. Lots of running round but just playing. Molly is actually better now than she's been for a long time, very lively and playful :love: I think her ear drops are really helping, and she seems to realise now that we are helping her; she didn't fight last night, and she likes me massaging her ears. I think the little blips are due to the fact that they escaped into a non neutral area the other night, and Molly has realised this is her territory. I don't think they need separating at all; maybe a reduction in space though.

i hope they settle down even more now molly is getting better. you deserve a break with everything that has happened! x

I would monitor them for a day or so, it may be that they are excited by the extra space. On the other hand, if they have been couped up they might not have been able to sort out the hierarchy which is via a little scuffle. I tend to intervene here. Obviously you don't want them hurting one another but if you separate them you're going to have to start all over again. If it is because Molly is ill then separating may be the only option. Fingers crossed they will settle down happily together.

They are back in the pen :( they were at it again earlier. But shortly after shutting them in again Barney went and lay down with her; so I definitely think it's a space/territory issue rather than her being ill. Especially as she was obviously a lot more ill at the beginning, and now she's practically better. They will have to stay as they are for a while, and I will just gradually increase their space, as I should've done anyway :roll: it just seemed to be going so well! :(

Molly monkey starts it. But it's only when one of us goes in the room - i know, because i have a bunnycam. I think now Molly is feeling better she is challenging his dominance - she couldn't be bothered before. But i woke up in the night and had a look, and they were sat together nicely. All is not lost! Silly bunnies though, they're going to be penned in for ages now! :(

Molly monkey starts it. But it's only when one of us goes in the room - i know, because i have a bunnycam. I think now Molly is feeling better she is challenging his dominance - she couldn't be bothered before. But i woke up in the night and had a look, and they were sat together nicely. All is not lost! Silly bunnies though, they're going to be penned in for ages now! :(

I know its not funny and must be stressful for you, but it's almost if she's saying to you 'this is my room, I'm the boss now I'm better'

Cheeky girl tho, putting on a show for you.

How I would love a bunny cam.:wave:

I know its not funny and must be stressful for you, but it's almost if she's saying to you 'this is my room, I'm the boss now I'm better'

Cheeky girl tho, putting on a show for you.

How I would love a bunny cam.:wave:

Yes, that's exactly it! :lol: :thumb: I'm just frustrated with myself for letting them have too much too soon. I've told other people enough times! :oops: it's only really when I'm going to give something ie. Food/hay etc. But they were fine before I let them out. Aaaarghhhhh!!! :(

Yes, that's exactly it! :lol: :thumb: I'm just frustrated with myself for letting them have too much too soon. I've told other people enough times! :oops: it's only really when I'm going to give something ie. Food/hay etc. But they were fine before I let them out. Aaaarghhhhh!!! :(

I had the same problem. I bonded in the conservatory, in a pen. Then I moved to the pen to my room, and even though I have cleaned the area they were at, trouble started immediately. It took a long time for it to settle down, but strangely enough, the only thing that helped was actually letting them out of the pen. :lol: I think Barney and Molly will be fine after a little while. :) Just give them time, and slowly increase the size of their space. :)

I had the same problem. I bonded in the conservatory, in a pen. Then I moved to the pen to my room, and even though I have cleaned the area they were at, trouble started immediately. It took a long time for it to settle down, but strangely enough, the only thing that helped was actually letting them out of the pen. :lol: I think Barney and Molly will be fine after a little while. :) Just give them time, and slowly increase the size of their space. :)

How long did it take before they settled and stopped chasing etc?

I just took this screen shot from the bunny cam :love:

A9100831-CEF4-4F17-8E20-26D507B0A6AA-1067-000008C4BF23EEC3_zps231920f4.jpg

I would love a bunny cam. What are they and where do you get one?

Glad to see M and B snuggled in that last pic x

I'm a bit worried today. I think being caged really makes Molly depressed. She was eating everything yesterday, even pellets, but she refused a crunchie at lunchtime today :( i just don't know what to do :( i can't bond them without them being penned in. Suggestions welcome.

Back