• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby rabbit bit me HARD

Lyeslops

New Kit
I got a shock today :-( my baby mini lop suddenly bit my hand when I was changing his litter tray. He's never done anything like this before and was without warning :-(. It broke the skin and is likely to scar so more than a nip. After he'd done it he was very submissive lying down wanting to be stroked. I'm a bit wary of him now as I'm not sure why he did it or if he'll do it again :-(. I didn't expect it from a baby bun :-(. Is there anything I should do to prevent it happening again?

Thank you :)

I got a shock today :-( my baby mini lop suddenly bit my hand when I was changing his litter tray. He's never done anything like this before and was without warning :-(. It broke the skin and is likely to scar so more than a nip. After he'd done it he was very submissive lying down wanting to be stroked. I'm a bit wary of him now as I'm not sure why he did it or if he'll do it again :-(. I didn't expect it from a baby bun :-(. Is there anything I should do to prevent it happening again?

Thank you :)

How old is he? Once hes old enough if you get him neutered that should stop any aggression :)

How old is he? Once hes old enough if you get him neutered that should stop any aggression :)

He's 10 weeks :) and loves his hugs and strokes but he's been stamping a lot when I go near him and since biting today he does excited laps of his hutch/run and charges my hand if I put it in with him :-( - I have another young male (14weeks) housed next to him could this be the problem?

He's 10 weeks :) and loves his hugs and strokes but he's been stamping a lot when I go near him and since biting today he does excited laps of his hutch/run and charges my hand if I put it in with him :-( - I have another young male (14weeks) housed next to him could this be the problem?

It will be contributing to it yes

Both Bucks need neutering as they are clearly hormonal. Unless they are stud Bucks in which case you need to move them away from sight and smell of each other and respect the fact that their behaviour is related to their hormone status and not their fault.

It will be contributing to it yes

Both Bucks need neutering as they are clearly hormonal. Unless they are stud Bucks in which case you need to move them away from sight and smell of each other and respect the fact that their behaviour is related to their hormone status and not their fault.

this :thumb:

Back