• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stinky Megazorb

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all

Some time go I wrote to Northern crop driers about the new megazorb which smells of vomit...
I got a response for those interested:

Thank you very much for your message with regard to the issues you are experiencing with our Megazorb bedding.

We have had a number of emails with regard to the current smell of Megazorb and these have been exclusively from customers who are using the bedding for small pets. I’m not sure from your email exactly what you are using the bedding for, however, whilst we recognise that many small pet owners choose to use Megazorb as it represents such excellent value for money, we would stress that this product is produced for the equestrian market and as such does not have the necessary screening that would be required for smaller animals. The smell customers are describing would not be a problem when used in a larger stable environment.

Megazorb is manufactured exclusively from virgin wood pulp (which is a by-product of the paper making industry.) The smell is simply a natural variation in the product, which can also differ from time to time in density. It in no way affects the performance or quality of the product.

The most recent batch of Megazorb that we have dried does not have the strong odour that has been noticeable of late. So hopefully this is an issue that will rectify itself over the next few weeks.

megazorb went really downhill in quality a while back. so glad i switched to fitch. it's so much better. :thumb:

Back