• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

mucus poo but getin better now wet bum

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
So little benji I took in had a mucky bum, i assumed it was from his dirty cage at his previous owners over the weekend he had large soft poos with mucus so I rang the vets monday and explained thecsituation and she said it could be a combination of the move and diet change (it was a sudden change as no real hand over food) and she sàid give him a hay only diet, the poos are definitely improving but I just got in from work and his tail and soggy are quite wet, im thinking it's wee although he didnt smell and theres no wee on the floor were hes sitting but his water bowl is too deep edged for him to stick his bum in, hes got a vets apoointment tomoro at 9am as a possible castration and health check but has anyone any ideas on why tge sudden wet bum?

Could be a Urinary Tract Infection or the onset of symptoms pertaining to Encephalitozoon Cuniculi (EC) to name two possibilities.

Hopefully your Vet will be able to determine what is going on when he/she examines him. Good luck

The vet did a proper thorough check all over and in his mouth and has given benji some fiberplex paste to be given 3 timescacday, we need him to gain weight tho before he can be castrated

Did he have a lot of space before? Maybe he's so used to sitting in his wee that he doesn't bother to move after he's done it?

Bless him. Did your vet rule out a UTI?

I guess by watching him you may see if he wees himself and then stays sitting in it. Is he litter trained as he shouldn't have a wet bum if he is sitting in his litter tray with hay and litter as it absorbs most of it.

Well done for getting him out of there, I hope he ends up being a healthy little rabbit.

Back