• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ted pulling at my heart strings

lauralittleninja

Warren Scout
So this is little ted my single bunny...I want to bond him with frank and betty but not sure its gonna work :( Ted lives in the kitchen/hall and frank and betty live in the lounge. I tend to spend a bit of time in the lounge and then a bit of time with ted so he isn't too lonely:( Tonight I left the lounge to come and see Ted and he was sat right by the door as if he was listening in wondering why he cant come in there:'( ooohhhhh it breaks my heart that he wanted somebody to play with :( Hes such a little cutie I hate the thought of him feeling sad .
yhu3ajy2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505

Oh he is beautiful and he would make a great match for my Katie who is a similar coloured lionhead :love:

What makes you think that it wont work if you try to bond them?

Oh he is beautiful and he would make a great match for my Katie who is a similar coloured lionhead :love:

What makes you think that it wont work if you try to bond them?

Maybe if it doesnt work out then I may have to think about letting him have a new mummy with a bunny for a friend . Or I could get him his own girlfriend but then is it crasy to have 2 sets of bunnies in our (rented!) House ! Ohhhh hes so lovely I dont think I could rehome him . Perhaps I could get him a gf and in the springtime move them outside . Sorry im rambling on but this little fella has given me a dilema. Fingers crossed frank and betty may like a new friend to play with :D

Sent from my GT-I9505

It may not work because when I gave f & b a sniff of ted when he arrived , betty attacked frank her husbun :( So it may b that she will bond with ted and then frank gets left out ....I think this as frank is a bit if a loner and likes to spend alot of time apart from betty in the day . I haven't let them see ted again since :(

Sent from my GT-I9505

He is amazing...he will follow me around the kitchen, sit on my lap and lick my face for ages. Considering we have only had him a short while hes really bonded with me. When I leave for work and shut the kitchen door he runs over to the door cos he doesnt want me to go :( Awwwwww ♥♥

Sent from my GT-I9505

Aww he's a real cutie :love: have you seen the sticky on bonding trios, that might be helpful? Also there's been a few trio bonds recently, might be worth a look through the bonding threads. I've only done the one bond (2 pairs into a quad) so can't really advise much :oops:, but are all three of your buns neutered/spayed? If not that might have been a factor in the referred aggression when Betty attacked Frank.

Aww he's a real cutie :love: have you seen the sticky on bonding trios, that might be helpful? Also there's been a few trio bonds recently, might be worth a look through the bonding threads. I've only done the one bond (2 pairs into a quad) so can't really advise much :oops:, but are all three of your buns neutered/spayed? If not that might have been a factor in the referred aggression when Betty attacked Frank.

Hiya yes iv read the bonding threads/stickies....im just scared to try again haha! Betty and frank are both spayed/neutered but ted isnt yet so I have decided to wait with any further intro untill hes had the snip and recovered. So prob a couple of months till thats all done. I REALLY hope they all become mates but I dont want to end up with 3 single buns as it would devastate me to think I had split up frank and betty :( I would love a professional bonder to do it for me(if its possible atall) but not sure if there are any around my area :s

Sent from my GT-I9505

Probably with Ted not having been neutered yet that might have made Betty attack Frank, so as you say I'd have him done and then wait until his hormones have settled, not sure how long you are supposed to wait but I think is 6 to 8'weeks? You could try starting a thread asking for bonding in your area to see if there's someone who could help you or do the bonding for you for a fee. Love their names by the way :love:

Ah thanku so much for your reply :) I will wait for ted to settle ...im not sure his man bits have developed enough yet to be neutered but I will check at the vets again soon and get him sorted asap. I will send a request out on here for bonders in my area too . Most people laugh at their names but they really suit their personalities haha ♥♥ love them

Sent from my GT-I9505

Back