• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie has his pin out tomorrow!

Em89

Warren Scout
My little man is having his leg pin out tomorrow morning (as long as he x ray shows it has healed) I'm soo nervous. I don't want anything to go wrong, I don't think I can take it!

Has anyone else had a bunny with a pin? Vet says to keep him quite confined for two weeks to ensure he doesn't jump and break it again. He's quite the jumper!! Just looking for any experiences or advice really.

Thanks emma

Charlie's leg isn't completely healed

So Charlie went for his vets trip this morning and the X-Ray showed his leg hadn't healed enough to have his pin out. :(

I just want him better

Thank you for asking. He is fine within himself. In fact he has just done two binkies in a row. He hasn't done a single one since he broke his leg! The vet says it should be around another three weeks. He also has a little bit of bone sticking out of his leg. It's not painful for him. I touched it when I was cleaning his leg. I want him back to being his normal cheeky self hopping around!!!

:wave:
Just wanted to send some healing/get well soon (((vibes))) for your Charlie boy, bless him.xx

Thank you for asking. He is fine within himself. In fact he has just done two binkies in a row. He hasn't done a single one since he broke his leg! The vet says it should be around another three weeks. He also has a little bit of bone sticking out of his leg. It's not painful for him. I touched it when I was cleaning his leg. I want him back to being his normal cheeky self hopping around!!!

Gosh, is the Vet ok about him charging about ? I just wondered if this may prevent healing.

It's good to hear your Bun is feeling fine within himself though :)

Has the Vet discussed options for trying to minimise the risk of arthritis developing in the future as a result of the fracture ? I would ask the Vet about this if it has not already been mentioned xx

I hope it all goes well. :love:

Alfie had an op a few years ago now to pin his hock after a dislocation. Because of the nature of the injury and the delicate position etc, the pin is still there so I don't have any useful advice re. the removal but Alfie coped with the whole thing very well and hopefully Charlie will too.

Oooops, I didn't see your later thread when I replied. :oops: I've merged the threads so others don't make the same mistake that I just did.

It's good that Charlie is feeling better within himself and hopefully the pin can come out in 3 weeks as planned. It can be hard getting them to rest, can't it. Alfie spent 6 weeks or so in a crate after his injury because we couldn't risk him getting up to any mischief; he absolutely hated it and went nuts the first time he was allowed out.

Sorry about the confusion :lol:

Jack's-Jane he isn't really charging about he is living in half a puppy pen with ginge my other bun in the other half (this is against the wall so he has more space as he's not poorly!!) when I am at home I make it a full puppy pen so they can spend some time together. I may restrict him completely for the next three weeks just to the half puppy pen. I just feel soo mean :lol:
Also I have not asked about arthritis. I will on his next trip that's a really good point. Thank you

Sam and truffle- thank you for the vibes!

KaranM- no he does not want to rest! The more I lock him in the more he shakes the bars to get out. I also want to make sure the boys still have their bond so I want them to spend time together.

KaranM- no he does not want to rest! The more I lock him in the more he shakes the bars to get out. I also want to make sure the boys still have their bond so I want them to spend time together.

Alfie was exactly the same and started trashing the cage too towards the end of his 'imprisonment' :lol:

Back