• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emmy isn't eating :(

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Came home tonight and fed the buns their pellets but Emmy doesn't want any. She doesn't even want a crunchie :(

This is really bad timing. I have just gone back to work after a few weeks off on sick leave so can't really take any more time off. Obviously I will if I have to but what can I try to tempt her to nom something?

Has she poo'd ?

Hard to tell with 3 bunnies sharing the same space. I only got home at 5pm so not even sure how long she has been like that. My OH said she was enthusiastic for greens this morning.

She has nommed a couple of pellets but doesn't seem overly interested.

As you know, a rabbit not eating is very serious - particularly as you can't tell whether she has passed anything. If it were me I would get her to the vet as a matter of urgency as they go downhill so quickly.

Knowing Emmy dragging her off to the emergency vet this evening wouldn't be in her best interest. I will be keeping a close eye on her tonight and will take her to the vets in the morning if she still isn't right.

I have put down some fresh hay and she keeps going to it and wants to eat it but isn't. I wonder if its teeth related......she doesn't have a history of dental problems.

try her with some fresh veg or cut grass, even some of her favourite fruit.

my Malcolm has always been a slow eater and sometimes shows no interest in his pellets but will tuck into a piece of celery right enough.

Hope she picks up and finds something she wants to eat.

try her with some fresh veg or cut grass, even some of her favourite fruit.

my Malcolm has always been a slow eater and sometimes shows no interest in his pellets but will tuck into a piece of celery right enough.

Hope she picks up and finds something she wants to eat.

She has just had some banana :D

Hope your lovely Emmy is back to normal very soon.

Hope you have been well too and that you have recovered from your illness.

Thank you Amanda xx My little Emmy is currently nomming some hay so I am feeling a little better about her.

I am also OK and recovering well. I hope you are ok.

Glad to hear Emmy is now eating something, they really do put the scares on us Humans sometimes

Last edited:
Glad she's eaten a bit. I find dandelions and grass tend to tempt buns into eating. Sending lots of vibes for Emmy xx

We went back in August :D

Emmy seems like her normal self this morning. Did several very excited laps around the cage while I was getting breakfast ready.

Great to hear she is back to normal!!

Why do they do it to us? Pixie did it to me a couple of weeks ago, like you I didn't rush to the vet because I felt it could have been less than helpful and after a few hours she sorted herself out and was back to her normal greedy self.

I swear by owning a rabbit you are asking for stress :roll::lol:

Great to hear she is back to normal!!

Why do they do it to us? Pixie did it to me a couple of weeks ago, like you I didn't rush to the vet because I felt it could have been less than helpful and after a few hours she sorted herself out and was back to her normal greedy self.

I swear by owning a rabbit you are asking for stress :roll::lol:

I agree :D

I think the most important thing is making sure you know your bunny so well you know when to go to the vets and when to wait.

Back