• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly is so clever!!! UD she did it again!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Every night I say "do you want dinner? Dinner dinner dinner??" to them before I get them dinner, and recently Lilly looks like she's been pricking her ears towards me more and stopping whatever she's doing when I say dinner, then tonight I said my dinner sentence and she binkied and started running in circles :lol:

What a clever girl, she knows what dinner means! :love: I love seeing her so happy and excited :love:

Last edited:
Aww :love: I whistle mine when it's time for their pellets, and they come running :love:

:love: rabbits are so intelligent :D I really hope that sometime in the future I'll have time to put some training in with my two! I'd love to clicker train them and buy/make some jumps and train them to jump them, Harvey LOVES jumping over things, and Lilly pretty much copies everything he does so I'm hoping they'll do it :D (not for competitions, just for some mental stimulation a couple of evenings a week!)

Awwww :love: Bella has unfortunately learnt what "raisin" means...any mention of raisins and she gets super excited :lol:

Awwwww! :love: I love threads like this, ones that demonstrates a Bunny's intelligence. :love: bunnies are so underestimated... I think Reggie has a built in timer, that or he's really picked up cues/routine... I feed him when we've put the kids to bed... It doesn't seem to matter how many times I go up and down the stairs, he seems to know when the kids are settled so when I come down the stairs for that final time, he goes binky mad... :lol:

If I say the word "up" to him, he periscopes and I give him a treat... Clever boy... :lol::love::thumb:

Awwww :love: Bella has unfortunately learnt what "raisin" means...any mention of raisins and she gets super excited :lol:

:lol: that's really funny! I hope if I'm speaking quietly to OH about our dinner Lilly doesn't misinterpret that as it's her dinner time :lol:

Awwwww! :love: I love threads like this, ones that demonstrates a Bunny's intelligence. :love: bunnies are so underestimated... I think Reggie has a built in timer, that or he's really picked up cues/routine... I feed him when we've put the kids to bed... It doesn't seem to matter how many times I go up and down the stairs, he seems to know when the kids are settled so when I come down the stairs for that final time, he goes binky mad... :lol:

If I say the word "up" to him, he periscopes and I give him a treat... Clever boy... :lol::love::thumb:

That's so clever! I've just informed my two that after my exams, over Christmas, they will be learning "up" :lol: I'm trying to get my two out of a timer because every day at 8 they just sit and stare at me and get feisty if I'm late, but recently I've been in the library tip gone 830 so not home til 9 and they get destructive because dinner isn't on time :shock: they're learning fast though, and I'm giving them more snacks during the day and getting my OH to give them more snacks during the day (healthy veg or twigs or grass etc) so they're not so desperate for dinner :D

Every night I say "do you want dinner? Dinner dinner dinner??" to them before I get them dinner, and recently Lilly looks like she's been pricking her ears towards me more and stopping whatever she's doing when I say dinner, then tonight I said my dinner sentence and she binkied and started running in circles :lol:

What a clever girl, she knows what dinner means! :love: I love seeing her so happy and excited :love:

That's wonderful, what a clever girl :love:

This is so cool, clever boy Reggie :love:

So she did it again today! She was facing away from me munching hay and I said "Lilly, dinner!" and she stopped chewing and turned her face to me and I said "dinner dinner dinner!" and she sprinted towards me doing little head binkies :love: OH saw it too and thinks she's very clever too :love:

We've started the "up" training now, we often give her treats and hold them high up so she stands on her back feet anyway, I've now forbidden anyone from doing this without saying "up", hopefully she'll start making the association between the word and her action!

Back