• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House buns

vicky_26

Warren Scout
So Poppy and Parker have been house buns for few months now and all going well. After a bit of trial of error and trying different things, they have a nice 'base' in my back porch (is a pain for getting out my back door but they're worth it!)

I imagined that they would free range around the whole of my downstairs when I am home, and be restricted to the kitchen/porch when I am at work.

However, they don't leave the back porch area! Parker will very occasionally wander round the kitchen but Poppy will never. I'm not sure if it's because I don't have carpet but laminate tflooring in kitchen and wooden flooring in the living room.

Am very jealous of all the pics I see of people with rabbits who run about all around and chilling on sofas etc..... Is there anything I can do to encourage them out of their area? I'm not sure if it's cos they don't think they are allowed or that they don't like the floor?

personally mine don't like the floor so they won't go on anything that looks like laminate or tiles :roll:

My Buster used to live in the kitchen so he doesn't mind the tiled floor but Alfie will not step on it,hes tried but i don't think he likes the slipping! Perhaps you could get a runner rug for the kitchen to see if they will go on that? :wave:

My bunny frank sits and peers over the join in the hallway where carpet meets tiles as if he's about to dive into the ocean ! Bless him :) my other bunnies quite happily sprint around on it though

Sent from my GT-I9505

When we lived in a house with a tiled kitchen Toffee would NOT go across the tiles to go out of the back door to the garden unless we put carpet tiles down for her. She would literally sit there looking at me until I put them down for her.
If they moved apart she also wouldn't go across until I moved them closer together.
Thats where she gets her nickname, princess. :roll:

Mmmm, looks like I will need to get some kind of runner/carpet tiles to put down.... I kinda suspected as much....! Fussy bunnies...! Don't they realise they could have so much more space...ha ha

My two just don't leave their room, peter will very rarely and hop around the lounge or come into the kitchen to beg for food, with mine it's nothing to do with the flooring as it's laminate throughout.

I think sometimes they can be creatures of habit, althought I do agree, in your circumstance I think rugs will help!!

Back