• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drooling rabbit

Vilija

Warren Scout
Hi, :wave: a bit of a stupid question but does anyone know how to tell whether a rabbit is drooling or if it has a wet chin from drinking?

I don't know technically as never had a dental bun but would keep an eye on it and if it hasn't had a drink and is wet after eating, I would say it is drooling.

Does the bunny drink from a bowl or bottle? I've never noticed my buns be wet from drinking, apart from immediately afterwards.

If I noticed my rabbit had a wet chin id book an appointment to get their teeth checked ASAP, just to be on the safe side.

I agree. Doughnut has drunk from a bottle and bowl and is only a little wet. Nothing noticeable

She uses a bowl... Never really had a problem before so I was hoping it was a one off thing but I've spent about an hour playing/watching her and it doesn't seem like it is drying :/ *sigh* another trip to the vets it is :cry:

Best to get it checked out. Drooling is one of the signs of a dental.

Does the wetness feel like "water" or slightly thicker like saliver. It does sound like if it is still wet after you watching though that it is more likely to be drooling.

Good luck at the vets.

Back