• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carrier for two giant buns?

catherine09

Mama Doe
I'm picking up the Frenchies in a few weeks time, and whilst I am borrowing my mum's small dog crate (the enclosed type) to get them home, I need something for them long term.

They're a french lop, and a french lop x conti, and it needs to be something comfortable enough for the pair of them. Ideally a side and top opening but that's probably a bit too ambitious!!

It's so difficult to visualise the size of carriers and whether they would be big enough from the internet, so advice would be gratefully welcomed :D

Well this would do it but the price is a bit steep! :shock:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dogit-Cargo...&qid=1384255952&sr=1-7&keywords=large+carrier

Could you buy a smallish indoor rabbit cage? Totally useless for living in but quite roomy as a carrier... Will take up half the car though! :lol:

That's pretty much what my mum has that I'm borrowing, its perfect! - I might just see if she will sell it to me as she really doesn't use it for anything apart from collecting new chickens when she buys them :roll: :lol:

I need something that will be easy to carry and get in and out of the car - an indoor cage would probably be too awkward :(

Atlas50 - I have the 40 one for my British Giant and his smaller wifey but the bigger one would prob be best for 2 big bunsters. You might be able to get away with the 40 - Sorrell is 7.5kg and Bramble is 4.5, so depending on the size of your 2 it might be ok :) It's a really good carrier and also has wheels that you can attach so you can pull it along. The amazon one has the wheels for sale too :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ferplast-Atlas-50-Pet-Carrier/dp/B002DQ67N8

the 40

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ferplast-Atlas-Carrier-Travel-Cage/dp/B001AIIN8M

I use a dog crate for Willow and Nettle at the moment, who are both about 6.5kg and still growing. As you can imagine though, it's getting very heavy and hard to carry. I'm on the lookout for 2ndhand Atlas 50s with wheels, they do come up just not near me yet!

Sorry to break into this topic but would this be okay for 1 giant or is it definitely too small?

- Size: 51 cm L x 33 cm W x 35 cm H (20in x 13in x 13.75in).
- Suitable for pets up to 11.3 kg (25 lb) in weight and 35 cm H (13.75in) in height

I'm gonna pick her up in January but then she is still small, but I'd rather buy something which I can use when she's bigger as well then having to buy a new one later on. I did buy a dog crate but there is no way I can lift it and take it to the vet. I don't have a car.

Ah Iv not been on here for a while (I was getting myself in a state every time I read about someone's bun passing away - emotional bloody wreck!lol) and thought I can't offer people much in the way of advice as I have only ever bonded my two and I'm usually the one asking the questions!haha.

But I take a look this evening and there is something I can actually help with!haha.

I also asked a similar question a while back!! Sam and Truffs kindly responded :) but the atlas carriers are pretty expensive. I found and purchased this in the end and it's great for my two Frenchies. Comes with wheels but I will only put them on to go to the vets. In the meantime it stays in their room with them. Popped a blanket in thinking they'd use it as a den but no such luck, just a new thing for digging at :)

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=5847&pf_id=61945

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh that looks good EmmaH! I haven't found a 2ndhand Atlas 50 yet so I might get that. I do prefer the pulley handle on the Atlas 50 but you can't have everything.

Yeah I thought the price was good :)

I thought that too, but......when the wheels are on the handle actually comes to about the height of my hand :)

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back