• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Student Dissertation

Hello and thanks for clicking on my thread :)

I am a third year vet student currently writing my dissertation on owner choice of flea treatment and limitations to treatment.
As part of my dissertation, I have created an online survey aimed at the owners of cats/dogs/rabbits whether they treat their pets for fleas or not.
So far I have not had many responses from many bunny owners so I'm hoping posting here may help!

The survey takes under 5 minutes and every entrant has a chance to win a £50 amazon voucher.
I would really appreciate you taking the time to complete my survey, every response makes a huge difference to my research:

www.surveymonkey.com/s/fleatreatment

If you would like to contact me, please email me at
nottinghamvetfleatreatment@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I'm not sure how to answer the questionnaire as I have different protocols for each animals! Should I answer just regarding rabbits?

I haven't done it as I have never needed to flea my rabbit and its trying to make me answer questions I don't have an answer for?

I tried to fill this out but on this question:

*Please select which answer explains why you do not treat your pet for fleas

There is no radio button for 'other' so although I've typed something in the box it doesn't think I've answered.

I ended up answering for the dogs as I have never treated rabbits for fleas.

There is no multi answer choice for different pets even though there is a multi choice of different pet types (dog, cat, rabbit).

Good luck.

I sent a PM to the OP explaining that people (including me) were finding it difficult to complete if they had more than one type of pet and asked if she could post again, but she hasn't so I won't be doing it.

I sent a PM to the OP explaining that people (including me) were finding it difficult to complete if they had more than one type of pet and asked if she could post again, but she hasn't so I won't be doing it.

You might get a quicker response by emailing the address the OP gave in the first post as he/she might not check the forum again soon to know there is a PM waiting to be read. :wave::D

filled in questionnaire. i noticed you are attending the university of nottingham, and therefore you are at sutton bonington campus perhaps? as i was there doing my undergraduate degree when the vet school was getting built, and there were lots of bunnies living there! loved living there and seeing bunnies, made me want bunnies even more. good look on dissertation, i know how they can be.

Back