• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why would rabbits not get winter coats through?

Rupert & Tia

Mama Doe
Rupert isn't getting his winter coat, it was 2 degrees in shed last night and I'm worried about him getting cold... he's still got his thin summer coat :(

Should I be worried?

My big black Bobby moulted heavily and has now got his thick winter coat. My little Sable, however, didn't really moult and doesn't appear any different to how she was in the summer.

So, in short, I don't know! ;)

haha he did his big moult in june as normal so got rid of last years thick fur, but hasn't grown in his 'extra layer' tia on the other hand has.... hmmmm i think its cos he wants to be a house rabbit so is playing up on being cold :roll: bless him, ill hve to get him a jumper if it doesn't come through! :lol:

haha he did his big moult in june as normal so got rid of last years thick fur, but hasn't grown in his 'extra layer' tia on the other hand has.... hmmmm i think its cos he wants to be a house rabbit so is playing up on being cold :roll: bless him, ill hve to get him a jumper if it doesn't come through! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Gives a whole new meaning to bunny jumper!

Aww bless him, is ickle bunnykins plotting his escape from nasty shed into toasty house? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Gives a whole new meaning to bunny jumper!

Aww bless him, is ickle bunnykins plotting his escape from nasty shed into toasty house? :lol:

He does this pitiful look at the shed window too.... like he's saying 'oh my god, look at you in your toasty house... while i'm sat here freezing' but rattle the keys and he's fine!

i'm hoping he will actually get his winter coat.... i mean, i can't find any relevance to medical issues to it not coming in.... could he be stopping it on purpose (i wouldn't put it past him :lol: ) he wants so bad to be a house rabbit, he loves the pipes, the sofa, the carpets.... he like soft cuddly things :lol:

He does this pitiful look at the shed window too.... like he's saying 'oh my god, look at you in your toasty house... while i'm sat here freezing' but rattle the keys and he's fine!

i'm hoping he will actually get his winter coat.... i mean, i can't find any relevance to medical issues to it not coming in.... could he be stopping it on purpose (i wouldn't put it past him :lol: ) he wants so bad to be a house rabbit, he loves the pipes, the sofa, the carpets.... he like soft cuddly things :lol:

I don't know, sorry. If he likes soft cuddly things, can you not give him a nice fleecy blanket to snuggle up in? Or a cushion? Assuming there is a reason he can't be a house bunny like landlord issues or something?

I don't know, sorry. If he likes soft cuddly things, can you not give him a nice fleecy blanket to snuggle up in? Or a cushion? Assuming there is a reason he can't be a house bunny like landlord issues or something?

They have a fleece blanket and a mat lol and when it gets cold they have a heat pad each..

yep, got it right, once we buy the house they'll probably be house rabbits - husband already said if we owned it they'd be house rabbits.... they come in every night for a couple of hours (we don't put the heating on til they go back out, so we sit freezing in onesies lol) but thats a secret shhhhhhh haha

They have a fleece blanket and a mat lol and when it gets cold they have a heat pad each..

yep, got it right, once we buy the house they'll probably be house rabbits - husband already said if we owned it they'd be house rabbits.... they come in every night for a couple of hours (we don't put the heating on til they go back out, so we sit freezing in onesies lol) but thats a secret shhhhhhh haha

Ah, my landlord is lovely and even though the agent said he wouldn't allow house rabbits, she called and asked him and he said no problem. That was just Slipper though.... I since got three more :oops: although he has been round and seen them and the house and the agency have done their three monthly house check and never said anything, so I think I got away with it :lol: Plus I'm selling my snakes so although the bunny numbers have gone up, the pet counts going down :lol: And I try extremely hard to be the perfect tennant (difficult with an OH who won't do any gardening and hates the people working at the agency :roll:) and polite and helpful to my landlord so I hope he won't mind. Fingers crossed :?

Could you not discuss a deal with your landlord that if you're buying the house, why can't the bunnies come in already? If they do any damage, it's going to be your house and your problem so you'll pay for it?

Back