• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay rack, opinions please:)

luna

Mama Doe
So I was checking out zooplus today when I came across this new hay rack design. Price aside I was just wondering what other members thought of this. I am currently using the Ikea bag holder and although I have it up high Bobby still manages to use his front paws to dig hay out and then he pee's on it. When I saw the zooplus one I thought "ha try digging the hay out of that rack Bobby " . But obviously it is expensive and I wouldn't be able to hang it over the litter box so its probably not much good really. Thought I would share the link anyway in case anyone else was interested or have money to throw around... he he!:shock:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/hay_racks/348326

as long as they didnt try to get in it looks good would be perfect for readygrass as its small pieces other hay might get too stuck and hard to pull out :?

it says its stable enought to stand alone it would fit nicely in the corner of a storage box i suppose if used as a litter box ;)

Hi

So I was checking out zooplus today when I came across this new hay rack design. Price aside I was just wondering what other members thought of this. I am currently using the Ikea bag holder and although I have it up high Bobby still manages to use his front paws to dig hay out and then he pee's on it. When I saw the zooplus one I thought "ha try digging the hay out of that rack Bobby " . But obviously it is expensive and I wouldn't be able to hang it over the litter box so its probably not much good really. Thought I would share the link anyway in case anyone else was interested or have money to throw around... he he!:shock:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/accessories/hay_racks/348326

Try hay ball they work good

Ours would knock it over, chew the wood, trash it and then get bored! :roll:

I just pile it up in their litter tray, anything else is wasted on the Chaos Crew!

I just pile it up in their litter tray, anything else is wasted on the Chaos Crew!

Mine, too! I do the same as you and then give them a large metal dog bowl full of 'treat' hay.

I do this. I gave up with hay racks. I put plenty of hay in the litter boxes and on top of their hidey house and on the floor between their chill and chew mats. They also eat it out of a dog food bowl

Is rubberwood safe for buns if they decide to have a nibble? I have never heard of it?

Like the idea of that, looks nice and neat and as we only have one bun now :cry: it would be perfect.

I've got the 'hay bar'...a hay rack and litter tray in one. It's great for my indoor bunnies as all the mess is contained! :D

It's quite big though!

image_zpsdaa8a926.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've got the 'hay bar'...a hay rack and litter tray in one. It's great for my indoor bunnies as all the mess is contained! :D

It's quite big though!

image_zpsdaa8a926.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh love this, I have seen these before and always admired them. I am pretty happy with my current hay rack anyway ( Bobby will always pull hay out of whatever hay rack i use and wee on it) but I just thought I would post about the one I saw on zooplus as it had an interesting design :D Very pricey though :shock:

Back