• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggle safe under water bowl?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
I've read this tip at some point on here and since I found ice in the rabbits water bowl this morning, thought I need get some prevention methods in place! So just wondering who has used snuggle safes under bowls and if it works - does it not make the bowl unstable? Does anyone have any other ideas? I know some people suggest a ping pong ball to keep the water moving. I'm wondering if putting a couple of those hand warmer things in might work? Obviously the plastic covered type ones! Any other ideas and opinions appreciated :wave:

If it's really cold then the ping pong balls freeze in the water, but Lola is pretty intent on trying to get it out (hilarious to watch). I put a snugglesafe under the bowl and it doesn't move, not sure how Charlie's will be as it's no where near as heavy as Donny and Lola's water bowl!

It works well for mine though :)

If it's really cold then the ping pong balls freeze in the water, but Lola is pretty intent on trying to get it out (hilarious to watch). I put a snugglesafe under the bowl and it doesn't move, not sure how Charlie's will be as it's no where near as heavy as Donny and Lola's water bowl!

It works well for mine though :)

Thanks, just didn't want to spend that sort if money to find it didn't work! Their bowl is quite solid so hopefully it'll be ok. Just been looking at hand warmers and they've got very mixed reviews on how hot they get so prob won't make and difference :/

Hiya. I used a huge dogs bowl with a metal bowl insert. The snuggle safe fits comfortably underneath and isnt unstable, I also use a ping pong ball too!!

This morning it was bizarre, the wter bowl inide the shed ws frozen solid, the exterior bowls, under polythene and tarpaulin were liquid... Just shows the insulating properties of tarp and polythene!!

Good luck

Fee xx

Hiya. I used a huge dogs bowl with a metal bowl insert. The snuggle safe fits comfortably underneath and isnt unstable, I also use a ping pong ball too!!

This morning it was bizarre, the wter bowl inide the shed ws frozen solid, the exterior bowls, under polythene and tarpaulin were liquid... Just shows the insulating properties of tarp and polythene!!

Good luck

Fee xx

Thanks think I'll have to invest in a snuggle safe then, I'll prob end up buying a new bowl to fit it knowing me :lol: Their hutch is covered in tarp, the water wasn't frozen, just had thin shards of ice in it, it wasn't even that early I didn't wake up til 10am! Can't believe how quickly winter has descended on us again, last yr I had all these plans and never got around to anything/couldn't afford to so I just muddled through, determined this yr to make things as easy as poss!!

Yep, its been a quick year... Winter, k hate it, i have to confess..

I had also intended to insulate the shed properly but have never got round to it... Bunnies appear happier outside....

:love:.. its going to be along winter for our wee outdoor buns.... Brrrrrr... !

Yep, its been a quick year... Winter, k hate it, i have to confess..

I had also intended to insulate the shed properly but have never got round to it... Bunnies appear happier outside....

:love:.. its going to be along winter for our wee outdoor buns.... Brrrrrr... !

The bunnies don't seem to care its myself I feel sorry for :lol: When I'm out there in the dark getting numb fingers, walking through sludge, faffing about with covers and frozen water bottles/bowls!! It's such a relief when u feel that first hint of warmer weather and the water is no longer frozen!! Last year they were out in the snow and everything, always sat on top of something, never snuggled in like u want them to be!!

I'd be a bit wary of the hard warmers in case they pop them - not sure what the stuff inside is.

Back