• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Molly please U/D Improvement tonight!! :)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Molly is a bit off colour :( it's been brewing for a while I think, she's been less interested in her pellets for a couple of months, but tonight she didn't want any :( she is munching plenty of hay so I'm not rushing her off anywhere at the moment. It isn't a dental issue, I'm convinced it's stomach related due to eating wallpaper and plaster :( so if you could spare some vibes to keep her munching, they would be much appreciated. The stress of bonding and change of environments won't have helped either :( she's always been such a tough cookie though, I hope she's ok. She's had some banana with metacam in to see if it helps.

Last edited:
What is her output like ?

Is she drinking ?

Hope she feels better soon.

She is pooing but not as much as normal and smaller droppings, but then she has eaten less so I suppose that's expected :? I saw her drink this afternoon. It will be suppertime soon, greens and herbs, she always gobbles that up so we'll see what happens.

Jane, if a bun was to consume a fair bit of plaster/filler type stuff, would it be possible for them to be fine for a couple of months before it affected them? :? Because Molly ate some of the wall while we were on holiday in September. I just don't know if this could be connected or not :?

She is pooing but not as much as normal and smaller droppings, but then she has eaten less so I suppose that's expected :? I saw her drink this afternoon. It will be suppertime soon, greens and herbs, she always gobbles that up so we'll see what happens.

Jane, if a bun was to consume a fair bit of plaster/filler type stuff, would it be possible for them to be fine for a couple of months before it affected them? :? Because Molly ate some of the wall while we were on holiday in September. I just don't know if this could be connected or not :?

I doubt it would be the primary cause of the problem after 2 months. But craving wallpaper/cardboard etc can be symptomatic of a problem with the motility of the cecum.

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00dis/Miscellaneous/Caecal_Impaction.htm

Oh so hope she's ok. Mega vibes for Molly. Come on girl, eat your pellets for your mum.

I was anxious over Will the other morning when he didn't eat his RR. Was petrified he as going to have a seizure like Poppy did, so tried him with treats which the little devil ate. The only thing i could think of was I gave them so much of the new timothy hay over night he just wasn't hungry in the morning. He's ok now so hopefully Molly will be. Hope she ate her greens.:love:

She has gobbled up her supper with Barney, no problem, so I feel better for now. It's just the pellets she doesn't want :?

I doubt it would be the primary cause of the problem after 2 months. But craving wallpaper/cardboard etc can be symptomatic of a problem with the motility of the cecum.

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00dis/Miscellaneous/Caecal_Impaction.htm

Thanks, I've been discussing this a bit with Thumps. I have tried Molly with various leaves and a lovely fresh apple twig tonight, but she wasn't really interested :? What can cause a slow caecum? Is there anything I can do to help rectify it? And is it a permanent thing?

bisc has tummy issues aswell and tries to eat things he shouldn't. he can't have paper bags, or cardboard because he actually eats them. he also regularly tries to eat the curtains aswell. :? so you think a probiotic might help? bisc would have very regular tummy issues, gassy bloat but he has alot less now he has the profibre pellets. he did have avipro plus i think but that didn't seem to do much. hope molly will be ok anyway. x

bisc has tummy issues aswell and tries to eat things he shouldn't. he can't have paper bags, or cardboard because he actually eats them. he also regularly tries to eat the curtains aswell. :? so you think a probiotic might help? bisc would have very regular tummy issues, gassy bloat but he has alot less now he has the profibre pellets. he did have avipro plus i think but that didn't seem to do much. hope molly will be ok anyway. x

Thanks, Olly has fibreplex every day for that reason, he thinks it's a treat and loves it :love: I have offered it to Molly but she didn't want it :( but the pellets are worth thinking about :thumb:

She didn't want her bedtime crunchie :( that's bad :( but she is still eating hay and readigrass and some oat hay. She jumps in her litter tray and eats a bit of newspaper :( even though there are leaves and twigs there for her. I'm getting worried now :(

So it is hard things like crunchies and pellets she won't eat? It seems something is not right, but good that she is still eating hay. Thinking of you, and hope Molly will eat well overnight. xx

She didn't want her bedtime crunchie :( that's bad :( but she is still eating hay and readigrass and some oat hay. She jumps in her litter tray and eats a bit of newspaper :( even though there are leaves and twigs there for her. I'm getting worried now :(

I would get her to the Vet to be re-examined. A very full 'doughy' cecum can be palpated on abdominal examination.

There are various causes of cecal impaction, have a read of the link I previously posted. Stress is certainly one factor that can trigger things. As it's presentation is often slow over the course of several weeks -small fecals, Rabbit going off pellet feed, Rabbit picking up food and dropping it- the condition often gets confused with Dental problems.

The Rabbit may also appear to have gained weight, their abdomen looking more rotund.

Try to encourage Molly to have a good fluid intake today. Dont force the pellets if she is eating hay and veg. Do remove all newspaper though and anything else likely to bung things up even more. Exercise is important too, so try to encourage her to be as active as possible.

Back