• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding materials

Dussy Hoppers

Warren Scout
Hi folks!

What bedding do you all use for your bunnies?

I used to use wood shavings, but have now been advised by RSPCA not to use wood shavings.
Was also using newspaper, but found it a soggy horrible mess. Also had concerns about bunnies ingesting ink etc.
Then tried Megazorb, which was fantastic in their litter trays.
I am now trying another horse bedding product called PROBED. So far this seems to be the best all round replacement for shavings and straw. The top layer stays lovely and dry whilst the lower layers soak up loads. It is also excellent for my long haired bunnies who no leger seem to get all bits of wood or straw matted in their coat.

Has anyone else out there had any experience with Probed?

I just use newspaper and hay but Fitch is very popular, so is aubiose. Do you also give your rabbits hay?

My lot have lino in their setups so it's easier for me to clean! I just empty their litter trays daily then, I use newspaper to line the storage boxes with then fill them with hay.

For my indoor rabbits I use a puppy pad in their boxes then fill with hay. I used to use Fitch but the amount it took to fill my hamsters cage bases I wasn't left with much so I just stick to puppy pads now. Fitch is great stuff though.

Back