• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly just have me a fright

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I went to say good night to the bunnies who were asleep under the dining table and walked up behind Lilly who was laying on her side, legs out, eyes closed. Normally if I come up behind her she'll get up and either run off or turn around for nose rubs (if I come from the front she will stay laying some of the time). But she didn't move, I wasn't too concerned until I started stroking her, and she just felt lifeless, no tone at all, I stroked her all over and no response :shock: I tried to check her breathing but it was too dark to see it!! I finally rubbed her cheek and slowly the ear on that side moved forward! But that was it, no more movement, even after I stopped she didn't get up! I thought it was going to be a trip to the vets :roll:

Checked on them 10mins later and they'd relocated from under the dining table to their bedroom on the third story of their hutch and were cuddled up :love:

She didn't half terrify me though!!!

:shock: these bunnies sure know how to give us a fright :lol: I don't know about you but when they give me a shock like that even when I know there's nothing wrong it takes me a while to calm down about it :oops:

Sometime I'm a bit on edge for a while, they don't often look dead though, I watch mine do the traditional DBF and Harvey will stay like that for 5 seconds then flick his head so he's chin down, Lilly does this most of the time too but I have seen her stay in proper DBF position and fall asleep before :love: as long as I see them do it I don't worry, or of they move when I stroke them! I can't believe she didn't move yesterday! What was she thinking?!?! She was so chilled out and relaxed! She was only under the table because she was sulking after having ear meds so she should have been furious at me and ran off!

I was worried last night because even after I knew she was alive I was worried she was ill :oops: glad I checked on them, they were just knackered and didn't want to go to bed until I had :love: this becomes a serious issue with them if I ever stay up really late :roll:)

My Springfield regularly scares me, he's mastered the art of playing dead!

20131029_140048_zpsaa5483b0.jpg

20131031_142819_zps61849a18.jpg

And the most effective playing dead is....

20130803_143349_zpsbdc2a387.jpg

I always panic so pet him gently and he just gets up and hops away making me feel bad for waking him! !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That last photo :shock: I'm glad my two don't do this to me often! They don't seem to find the position comfortable, they prefer to form bunny loaves of stretch out both sets of paws as far as possible with chin on the floor :lol:

That photo looks terrifying, if you'd told me he was dead, I would have believed you :shock:

Haha I can laugh about it now but he's definitely frightened me! The last one looks like his mouth his open but it was actually just his fur fluffed up. I know what you mean about your buns not finding it comfortable, my other bun can't stay like that for long so instead of flopping over she wriggles on her back for a second then gets up. Have you got photos of yours?

Haha I can laugh about it now but he's definitely frightened me! The last one looks like his mouth his open but it was actually just his fur fluffed up. I know what you mean about your buns not finding it comfortable, my other bun can't stay like that for long so instead of flopping over she wriggles on her back for a second then gets up. Have you got photos of yours?

I thought at first his mouth was open but realised it was fluff when I looked closer :lol: Harvey does the rolling on his back thing too, occasionally he goes to flop and just rolls all the way over and looks shocked :lol:

Here's the only time I've caught Harvey fallen asleep in DBF position:
024_zps18a1be7f.jpg

(Poor Lilly is so squished! She was there first and he pretty much rolled onto her!)

And here is Lilly's scariest attempt at DBF:
eb392a9c-7fbc-4f35-b732-94884af0178b_zps8ea40e23.jpg

With the whites of her eyes on show!!!
c877073b-6ef7-4665-bb10-1ff0b8495748_zps6beeaaaa.jpg

They must've known what we were talking about because Lilly just did a massive flop on top of her food bowl (it look so uncomfy) and then Harvey did a big one next to her, facing her :shock: Harvey was more on his back than his side and his back legs were pointing in opposite directions about 4 inches apart :lol: he struggled to get back on his side :roll: and Lilly just got up... Just to do another big flop!

:shock: some scary DBF's on this thread!! I haven't had DBF'ers for a loooong time but now I have Bianca and Bernard I regularly get heart attacks. Bianca is actually worse despite being the more nervy bunny, and I do have to get in and check she's ok because she starts breathing really slow and calmly s sometimes you can't even see her sides move. They also don't wake up if i'm scrambling around to check on them, and I have to stroke them quite firmly to get any movement at all :roll: :lol: :love:

My buns do this to me regually ...ted does it alot ..this was yesterday
sebave9y.jpg

And frank does it rarely but looks super cute when he does...
setasaje.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back