• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Large fluffy ball between females legs? Please help.

mr_rebecca

Young Bun
Hi, I have a 4 and a half year old doe and earlier this evening I noticed a change in her genitals and I was hoping someone could help as I can't get her to vet until later tomorrow (as currently I don't think it's urgent?).
The space between her legs used to be flat (and very fluffy) and earlier I noticed that she now has like a big fluffy ball between her legs? It doesn't seem sore, it's not leaking discharge and she was spayed at 6 months old. She's eating fine (She's a greedy one) and she's still full of energy and her mood is as usual. She has had myxi jabs, and so has my boy who she lives with. They both live indoors.
It's quite large and very noticeable. I check them regularly but I'm not sure when this appeared but it has definitely been less than three days.
I wondered if it could be to do with age as it looks fine and so does she but I can't find anything online that looks like it.
Any help at all would be appreciated and I will try to add photos tomorrow morning.
Thank you.

Last edited:
What does the lump feel like? Is there a centre? Is it hard?
Could you post a picture?
Its very difficult to try and diagnose via the forum so a vet trip is definitely in order but for some ideas it could be literally a mass of fur, an absess or cyst or some sort of growth.

Hi, I've just taken some pictures although it seems a lot bigger in real life than it looks in the pictures. I'm really hoping it's nothing and I'm just overreacting. It feels soft I guess? It feels like the rest of her. It's not squishy but it is certainly not hard. Just feels like skin. When I went to take a picture of her just then I noticed a very tiny amount of yellowish discharge. And when I say tiny I mean a pin head tiny amount.

qf6n.jpg

I hope that helps? It was the clearest of the photos.

Hi, I've just taken some pictures although it seems a lot bigger in real life than it looks in the pictures. I'm really hoping it's nothing and I'm just overreacting. It feels soft I guess? It feels like the rest of her. It's not squishy but it is certainly not hard. Just feels like skin. When I went to take a picture of her just then I noticed a very tiny amount of yellowish discharge. And when I say tiny I mean a pin head tiny amount.

qf6n.jpg

I hope that helps? It was the clearest of the photos.

Her vulva is inflamed. There are various possible causes- eg an infection, Myxomatosis, Treponematosis to name a few. An examination by a Vet today is needed to obtain an accurate diagnosis. Good luck x

Thank you very much. I'll take her asap. Could it be myxi even though she's had her jabs?
Thank you both for your help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi, I just wanted to say that I took her to the vet this morning and she thinks Penny might just have irritated the area or something might have got in there causing it to be inflamed. She said I should keep an eye on it over the next 5 days and it should go down and if it doesn't to take her back in. So good news! Thank you all for your help :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back