• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

louie has unlitter trained himself

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
well sort of.

He has used a tray since the first day we got him at 10 weeks.

When we moved here he used the tray again no problem.

In the garden there is a large raised bed where Molly the cat always toilets. A few months ago Louie also started toiletting in there when he was in the garden. No problem with that but, for the past 6 weeks or so, he is no longer using his littertray and would seem to be going all night without weeing. Whe I get up in the morning, he heads straight to the back door to be let out and imediately runs out and toilets in the flowerbed.

He has also started to have a slightly mucky butt most days and I think he is pooing wherever he is lying at night.

Tonight I have collected some poo out of the flowerbed and put it in his tray, in the hope that it might encourage him to use it again.

Im getting really worried about him holding in his wee all night.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

not sure im afraid other then what your doing now, keep adding her droppings or litter from garden to tray , my first rabbit thumper used to be the same, she used to hold it in until let out in the garden

I don't know but Mr B goes under the wardrobe for the night and must be under there for about 8 hours and doesn't seem to come out to wee. Hopefully it isn't an issue.

Can you block raised flowerbed off?? maybe this will send a message to Louie?? Stupid suggestion but the only one I can think of..Good luck .

Fee xx

We are getting rid of the flower bed today it is only a homemade one made of pieces of wood nailed together and filled with compost.

Louie is now locked in the kitchen diner at night as he weed over a cushion. There is nothing he can harm in the kitchen and there is laminate flooring.

I was just giving him a fuss and he lifted his tail and weed on the mat. I dont know why he wont use the littertray anymore and am at a loss to know how to get him using it again.

Flowerbed now gone. Poo on gravel where bed used to be.

Overnight, wee next to littertray!

Was there soil in the flowerbed? Could you possibly try putting some soil in the littertray to encourage him back in there?

Bunnies eh.......anything but easy. I swear they do it on purpose!!

Was there soil in the flowerbed? Could you possibly try putting some soil in the littertray to encourage him back in there?

Bunnies eh.......anything but easy. I swear they do it on purpose!!

Yes there was soil but I dont want to put some in the littertray as he was sitting in the mud, pooing and weeing and it was all sticking to his fur :evil:

Back