• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel sad about Ambrosia, so worried about Frankie and happy about Delilah.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Now, it's been one heck of a week concerning Frankie and his prospective hunbun.

On Sunday, OH and I went off to Windwhistle Warren where Frankie was going to stay and ideally be bonded with Ambrosia, and Pirate and Connie just for their holiday.:thumb:

Alice and I went to see Ambrosia and both decided that due to Ambrosia seeming to have an on going health problem (plenty of perfect big poos and then masses of unformed poos, not caecotrophs), it would not be fair to introduce her to Frankie. Needless to say I am upset but have to think of Frankie's health too. Hopefully Ambrosia's problem will be sorted in time and she will go off to a lovely forever home.

So after this disappointment, Alice then whisked me off to see a couple of other hunbuns, but neither suitable for very different reasons.:(:(

Then...................off we went to see a gorgeous bunny who had only arrived the day before. A house rabbit called Delilah. Well................................what a stunner she is!!!! Delilah is a continental giant x French lop, and is a lovely dark sandy brown.....the same colour as Frankie. As you can imagine, I wanted to get excited about offering her a home, however it is not up to me, it is all down to Frankie and Delilah. ;) I asked Alice is she would try to bond them whilst OH and I went on our little annual break. :thumb:

Guess what? It was love at first sight for both of them. No aggression, just a natural interest in each other. GREAT!!!!!!!!

Now the next part is sad and causing me much concern. I won't go into the full details but Frankie has been diagnosed with a kidney infection, he has mild bloat and a slow gut so he is being cared for by Alice's wonderful bunny vet, Jason Burgess. Today Frankie was also put on a drip.:cry::cry: I know that he is in the best of hands and he is definitely not critical, but a poorly bun. Tomorrow, Saturday, the vets will ring me and give me an update and I'm really hoping that he will be able to come home. Alice is closer to Jason's surgery, so has offered to collect Frankie when he is ready to be discharged, re-introduce him to Delilah, hopefully they will resume their....love, and then I will return to Windwhistle to collect the happy couple.

Poor Frankie he is having a tough time so any little gentle get well soon vibes would be most welcome.

For me, I've been through a maelstrom of emotions over the past few days and all I want is for Frankie and Delilah to come home.

Mustn't forget.....the piggies, Pirate and Connie are both fit and well. xxxxxx

Literally just come off the phone after having a chat with Jason Burgess. Frankie has passed a couple of caecotrophs which have some mucus on them, but that is only to be expected with his gut problem. He is still on a drip and has mild bloat, so at this moment in time, Jason does not think that Frankie will be well enough to be collected tomorrow.:( I miss him so much and no doubt both he and Delilah are missing each other too.

Come on Frankie............................poop please. xxxxxx

Last edited:
Oh no, what a roller coaster of a week :cry: sending get well vibes for Frankie and hope the rebounding goes well xx

Oh my goodness... What a roller coaster...

I haven't got anything of use to say... :oops: but I am sending some, gentle, get well soon ((((vibes)))) for Frankie. Xxx

I hope you are ok Mrs. Bunnykins xx

As for me..................I'm :cry::cry:

I was all geared up for Frankie and a lovely new hunbun to be home with us now. Not this.:cry:

As for me..................I'm :cry::cry:

I was all geared up for Frankie and a lovely new hunbun to be home with us now. Not this.:cry:

It must be worrying for you and very unsettling. Sending you some (((squishy hugs))), don't like to think of you being so sad... :( I'm truly hoping that things get back on track soon and that you'll be bringing home a pair of loved up bunnies. :love: xx

Aww Di, sad to hear this. Poor Frankie bun. Sending lots of vibes to Frankie.
I have heard good things about James though, the place where I board my buns use him as well.
Come on Frankie! Feel better soon xxx

Oh no. poor Frankie :cry: sending mega vibes for him, I hope he and Delilah are able to come home very soon xxx

Aww, so many vibes for frankie. I hope he feels up to getting back to dating very soon.

I know you already know this but Jason is the best vet I have ever been to. I would always trust him 100% with any of my rabbits. He is a lovely man who truly cares about the buns in his care (in fact once he forgot he had to give our bunny back before we could leave... He was too busy cuddling him!) basically Frankie is in the best of hands xxx

Sending lots of gentle nose rubs and good wishes for Frankie xxxxxx also hugs to you, he is in good hands and will be home soon so try not to worry too much :) xxx

What a lot to go through :( Sending healing vibes for Frankie, snuggly thoughts for him and Delilah and comforting hugs for you. I hope you can still try to enjoy your holiday at least but I'm sure it's not easy to.

Hoping for better news for you soon. xxxx

Vibes for Frankie, hopefully having a big new gorgeous wife to come back to will help him rally :love::love:
So much for your 'holiday'!
Hope you get some good news and get to relax and enjoy your time away.

Back