• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed window

Rexripley

Mama Doe
I've always kept the bunnies shed window on the latch so they get some fresh air, should I be shutting it now that it's getting cold?

I haven't closed mine because I think a bit of fresh air is a good thing. I always have my windows open day and night even if only an inch or so.

Mine's only ever open in the summer to let the air move a bit more freely.

My shed hasn't been insulated so there are many cracks that air can get through that they don't need a window open other than in the summer, plus the fact that their tunnel links the shed to the outdoor run and I can feel the cold air coming in through that. I don't think I've opened the window for a good couple of months now and won't until at least late spring.

Mine's only ever open in the summer to let the air move a bit more freely.

My shed hasn't been insulated so there are many cracks that air can get through that they don't need a window open other than in the summer, plus the fact that their tunnel links the shed to the outdoor run and I can feel the cold air coming in through that. I don't think I've opened the window for a good couple of months now and won't until at least late spring.

Mines just on the latch with barely an inch open, there's also mesh on the outside of the window (we live next to a golf course)

I'll see how cold it feels over the next few weeks

Mine is open day and night in summer, but closing it at nights now. Still opening it in daytime but if it gets very cold, will keep shut daytime too. Again, they have catflap out to run

I shut their shed windows but they do have two holes in the shed to get out in to their run so plenty of air comes in there.

is it the first winter in a shed, if not do what you have always done, if it is then maybe leave open during day and close at night if enough airflow can get in

Back