• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit dies of shock from fireworks

:(

They should make all private sale fireworks silent. Yes they could do it

Really? How would that work? I'm quite intrigued as I can't work out how to create a reaction violent enough to expel light energy without disturbing the air enough to create sound waves. If it's possible, it could be the perfect compromise.

My son doesn't like the loud banging ones. My parents get the quiet garden packs (fireworks done at parents). Yes they do make a small noise its more of a whoosh type noise than the big bangs. He never minded them at all. We could never go to a big display as he would have a complete meltdown from sensory overload :(.

They can't make silent fireworks, because some of the noise is the explosion which you have to have, but they can make lower noise ones. It's limited though, you can't have a silent rocket and it's things like rockets people want to see.

I would question why they didn't get the rabbit in if it was scared. We also all know that sudden death in rabbits is sadly not unusual.

Interesting to me. I lost a rabbit last year the night they had the display at the park. I am not that far away and it was really loud. He lived in a shed with a friend, she was fine. He was okay during the fireworks, and the various times afterwards in the evening that I checked but was dead in the morning :( He wasn't old, but he was about 5 and a biggish rabbit. He ate his pellets that night and I didn't think there was anything untoward at all. When I found him, he wasn't all huddled up as if he had been in pain. He was just sitting as if he was asleep. Made me think it was very sudden. I'll always wonder if it was the fireworks, but it may have happened anyway.

Made for a very jittery last couple of weeks :( Glad the firework season is over

Back