• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good value hideaway for playhouse?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Finx and Tango's bedroom box is looking a bit worse for wear and I'm looking for a replacement place for them to snuggle inside the playhouse.

Can anyone recommend anything that works for them?

Thanks!

We just use upturned plastic storage boxes with a hole cut in for a door.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I would never shut them in this, I hasten to say, but as a bed box, I have used a "guinea pig den" hutch from PAH for my two - with the doors wide open, it makes quite a nice snug and is raised off the floor. The height is such that I have put their two little plastic "dog" beds with blankies in on the roof, and I fill the hutch with straw and hay. They really like it. Think I had a voucher code and so it cost me £35.

Having it off the floor would be warmer wouldn't it? I think that's the kind if thing I'm after. Would their feet get sore from sitting on the felt on top?

Having it off the floor would be warmer wouldn't it? I think that's the kind if thing I'm after. Would their feet get sore from sitting on the felt on top?

I have put a huge bath towel on top, over the felt (which is quite soft cheap felt anyway) and they love it up there. I also added a little wooden ramp, though they tend to just jump up and down. I think that, although the playhouse floor is on hardstanding etc, it's probably warmer and drier as it is raised, and they do hide under it too if they want to so I get 3 levels for the price of one :) If I leave both doors wide open, they love hopping up through one, round and out of the other and it's plenty big enough for them both. Also should "contain" two snugglesafes easily in the really cold weather and keep them toasty. I have a picture somewhere, posted before when I first added it to their shed, and before I put the bath towel on the roof - just looking for it...
1378841_644959138882000_184795479_n.jpg

Also, my bunnies are quite big girls, so Willow in the picture gives you a good idea of space.

Last edited:
Back