• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some litter tray help :)

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Basically I want a bigger one for Charlie that will fit in her bed area, but also want to think about ease of cleaning/getting it out. To give me (and her) some leeway (sp?) in there I've measured it generously at around 50cm each way which would mean she could still lie down in the back corner. She loves it there.. no idea why! Her current litter tray is a rydon hamster cage base that I found at the side of the road and she sometimes wees over the sides as it's quite low, I give her a lot of hay for burrowing into so need something new.

So it's between these 3 -

This one is the biggest (without a lid) but has a lower front, but having never seen one (I was given a guinea pig sized one) I don't know if the large could be any different?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A182GRWJO7W3WV

Nice classic colours for that one too -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corner-Litt...001&sr=8-20&keywords=large+corner+litter+tray

This is smaller but has high sides all around, not huge but still a good size and not far off the first one. Might even allow her to snuggle into it as I could put more hay in -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

This one I'm not sure on.. it would fit but I don't know how easily I could get it out twice daily. I like it because it would make it more enclosed and warmer for her but the practicalities of getting it in/out are outweighing it. I'll have to double check the measurements against the bedroom as it would just fit width ways (I think!) but I don't know if that accounts for the sticky out bits.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2GBTD9C5PRC0C

Or any other ideas? I can't find a storage box that would fit properly :(

Last edited:
I have never found those corner trays to be big enough :( and with the front being lower they r likely to just drag litter out and do it on the floor! That's what mine would do anyway :lol: If u can find a storage box that is the right size but too tall u could cut it like I did so it has high backs at the corner and lower sides but still nice and deep :thumb: Sorry can't help anymore but mine r great id u can find a good box :wave: Mine r ikea but it's about 70x50cm

I have that large corner one for Merlin - He manages to get in there, lie in there, eat in there and then even flops over the edge of it, THOUGH because of the low base, there is the wood base stuff on the floor. However no accidents from him

However he has no started to be really norty and pee in a comletely different location despite being toilet trained for god knows how long lol

Charlie doesn't dig in her litter tray, all she really does in there is toilet tbh, she hides too when she doesn't want to talk to anyone :lol:
I'd get a storage box but the only ones I can find are really tall :( The 32L boxes are too long which is annoying.

Going to see if the range has one that would fit, need to go and re-measure!

Charlie doesn't dig in her litter tray, all she really does in there is toilet tbh, she hides too when she doesn't want to talk to anyone :lol:
I'd get a storage box but the only ones I can find are really tall :( The 32L boxes are too long which is annoying.

Going to see if the range has one that would fit, need to go and re-measure!

If u know anyone who can use a jigsaw or even a hand saw, u can easily cut the tall boxes down like I did!

:wave: did you manage to find a solution to your litter tray problem? :D

Not yet :( B&Q failed me! :( Want to find something soon.. Going to have another look tomorrow and maybe see if the garden centre can solve my problem on Tuesday!

Just read this thread and I ordered some of those green recycling boxes off ebay 2 days ago :) think for 2 it was about 17 quid delivered.:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just read this thread and I ordered some of those green recycling boxes off ebay 2 days ago :) think for 2 it was about 17 quid delivered.:)

Oooo really, fab! If I can't find something on Tuesday when I go out, I'll order one of those! :D

Yea I think I typed in stacking recycling boxes or something like that and they were the same ones ...green with lids. I am hoping they arrive tomorrow ..I get excited about new bunny items lol

Back