• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Help needed for bunnies

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of

Millydance said:
Hi
I'm a new member of the forum so hope I'm not getting things wrong here.

I recently re-homed a 6 month old bunny. He was the last remaining kit from a litter of 6, and nobody wanted to buy him because of his colour. Anyway, that's by the by. The lady I got him from is desperately trying to re-home his parents and she's very specific about re-homing them somewhere where they will be loved and given all the attention they should have. They are both 18 months old. The buck is grey and the doe is black and white. They are both used to being handled and have very gentle temperaments. Neither have been neutered or vaccinated. The lady concerned has 6 children, the oldest of whom is a special needs child and requires a lot of her attention. She also has 8 cats. Originally, the buck and doe were bought for the children, however, as is so often the case, the children have lost interest, and their mum is finding it impossible to cope with all the kids and the animals. The bunnies are in Southampton.

I would quite willingly have taken them on, but, realistically, I cannot afford to take on 2 more rabbits in addition to the 2 I have already. If necessary, I am happy to foster them for the short-term until a loving and permanent home can be found for them.

Your feedback would be very helpful!

Thanks

Milly x

Hi Milly,

I'm sorry I can't help with regards to the re-homing, as I'm currently adopting a pair from elsewhere, but I did want to comment a few things;

Firstly, it would really help if your friend could at lease neuter, ideally neuter and vaccinate both bunnies, as it would be safer to re-home privately and it might make it easier for a rescue to take them on too.

Secondly, I know this isn't helpful but, if your friend is considering giving them into rescue, please don't give them to Southampton Rabbit Rescue, they don't routinely neuter and vaccinate and I've heard they don't homecheck either :(

Back