• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny joy

Schez

Mama Doe
A bit of ramble I'm afraid but I'm so happy... :lol:

It's been a bit of a shock to the system returning to work after the half term... The morning rush and still ending up late :oops: the cold, wet, gloomy starts, the rushing around - dropping off the children to mums/nursery etc.
I finally got home a bit frazzled with one sleepy child and one hyper child... :shock: I had a rough day with my colleague who's grumpy, snappy and pregnant so I was feeling worse for wear.

I got in and Reggie went binky mad... Spinning and running about... Omg... What a welcome home! :love: so had to give over lots of cuddles, fuss and a fenugreek crunchie... :lol:

Then, I go into the living room, and Phoebe did the same! :love: she demanded nose rubs and fuss by running up and back, and periscoping. Lots of fussing, teeth purring later - I'm feeling soooooo much better. :love::lol:

I can't believe how far Phoebe has come; from the bunny who came to us not really coping with us being around and scared of approaching hands (boxing bunny :shock:) to actually asking to be fussed... From seeming not to know what hay or toys were to "gimme some strokes now" and a hay-a-holic... Wow! Incredible what a little patience/ perseverance / love can do... :love:;)

Does anyone else's buns have a "welcome home" routine? :D

Aww that is so lovely :love: phoebe has done remarkably well:shock: in such a short space of time:thumb::thumb::D

My willow doesn't do binkies too often cause he's lazy boy! :roll: but when he does he goes for it (once did an all the way round binky:lol:) but then looks shocked..........he sometimes looks at me as if to say "what just happened":lol::lol::lol:

I forgot to say he's a washer my willow, gives me kisses all over my face :lol:

What a lovely end to a poo day for you :lol::thumb:

Last edited:
Awww what a great welcome home. My lot are outside so its more like a 'welcome food' routine when I go and see them!

Aww what a nice welcome home. I'm glad you are feeling better now and well done on the great progress with phoebe :) Reggie sounds like a great little character ... are you planning on bonding the two ?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Awww what a great welcome home. My lot are outside so its more like a 'welcome food' routine when I go and see them!

:shock: that's my outside lot to a T... :lol::lol::lol:

Aww what a nice welcome home. I'm glad you are feeling better now and well done on the great progress with phoebe :) Reggie sounds like a great little character ... are you planning on bonding the two ?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

:D I love all my bunnies and have different relationships with them all, but Reggie... :love: *whispers so other bunnies don't get offended* he's my soul bunny... I can't imagine being without him. Does it make sense to say that my bond with him is totally different to any I've experienced? They are all unique and special in each way... But... Oh, I don't know.. I'm going all soppy now... :oops::lol:

The plan is to eventually bond Phoebe with Reggie if they accept each other. *crosses fingers* It wasn't the original plan... :shock: but she ended up inside with us and I can't bear the thought of putting her outside. I was going to bond her into a trio with one of my pairs outside originally but I like this way better - just hoping it will work. ;) I need to make sure Phoebe is happy, healthy and she needs to spayed first... I don't want to bond and then have to rebound when she is recovered etc. :?

Aww that is so lovely :love: phoebe has done remarkably well:shock: in such a short space of time:thumb::thumb::D

My willow doesn't do binkies too often cause he's lazy boy! :roll: but when he does he goes for it (once did an all the way round binky:lol:) but then looks shocked..........he sometimes looks at me as if to say "what just happened":lol::lol::lol:

I forgot to say he's a washer my willow, gives me kisses all over my face :lol:

What a lovely end to a poo day for you :lol::thumb:

Awwwww... Willow... :love: I can imagine his little face now all bewildered at his binky... :lol:

Phoebe is... :love: yesterday, she happy bunny flopped in her litter tray and rolled around like a kitten. :shock: but it's so rewarding to see her happy... I often wonder what it was like for her before she came here... When she first came, I had doubts if she was going to actually like being an indoor bunny. But she's growing in confidence. And she's such a sweet thing. I forgot to put the bunny barricades up one night (box lids around TV etc ;)) and she didn't chew a thing; I put them up when I realised but she was happy zipping about and flopping down. I offered her a tunnel as well.... Hmmmm, she's not sure yet... Stuck her nose in it and then zipped off and did circles...
It's the accepting nose/head rubs that's got me so excited - I've got it filmed but photobucket won't let me upload it.... :roll:

Awwwww... Willow... :love: I can imagine his little face now all bewildered at his binky... :lol:

Phoebe is... :love: yesterday, she happy bunny flopped in her litter tray and rolled around like a kitten. :shock: but it's so rewarding to see her happy... I often wonder what it was like for her before she came here... When she first came, I had doubts if she was going to actually like being an indoor bunny. But she's growing in confidence. And she's such a sweet thing. I forgot to put the bunny barricades up one night (box lids around TV etc ;)) and she didn't chew a thing; I put them up when I realised but she was happy zipping about and flopping down. I offered her a tunnel as well.... Hmmmm, she's not sure yet... Stuck her nose in it and then zipped off and did circles...
It's the accepting nose/head rubs that's got me so excited - I've got it filmed but photobucket won't let me upload it.... :roll:

Aw how lush is she:love: just goes to show how different animals can be with the right owner ;).

Loving to signature by the way;):thumb::thumb:

It makes complete sense schez ;) Bobby is my "soul bunny" too. He is so so special to me, probably because I got him during a tough time. He made me smile every day and got me through those few months. He is such a big lazy softie , I love him :love: So I can understand how we can feel very connected to certain pets :) Hehe don't tell Rosie and I wont tell Phoebe & Co !!!

It makes complete sense schez ;) Bobby is my "soul bunny" too. He is so so special to me, probably because I got him during a tough time. He made me smile every day and got me through those few months. He is such a big lazy softie , I love him :love: So I can understand how we can feel very connected to certain pets :) Hehe don't tell Rosie and I wont tell Phoebe & Co !!!

Same here! Absolutely agree :thumb:

I like that - having a 'soul' bunny :love:

And they are the best things to come home to. I had a really BAD day yesterday - was at work for 12 hours, hubby shouted at me on the way home, so got home all tired and upset - and walked into the lounge - Sheldon immediatly came over and nudged my ankle and then did a massive binky as though to say 'yippee - mummy is home' - I immediately forgot about my day, forgave hubby (who has a cold and is dying so understand his peevishness), and just spent a good hour on the floor with my Shelly boy...and the others of course, but Sheldon is my boy and he knows it:love:

And they are the best things to come home to. I had a really BAD day yesterday - was at work for 12 hours, hubby shouted at me on the way home, so got home all tired and upset - and walked into the lounge - Sheldon immediatly came over and nudged my ankle and then did a massive binky as though to say 'yippee - mummy is home' - I immediately forgot about my day, forgave hubby (who has a cold and is dying so understand his peevishness), and just spent a good hour on the floor with my Shelly boy...and the others of course, but Sheldon is my boy and he knows it:love:

Awwww:love: that's lovely, what a awful day you had up until then :love:

:lol::lol::lol: shhhhhhhhh... ;)

Reggie found me at a difficult time too, he had a home to go to and someone else wanted him...:shock: But he came home with me... :love: he was meant to be, and I needed him... :oops::D

Aw how lush is she:love: just goes to show how different animals can be with the right owner ;).

Loving to signature by the way;):thumb::thumb:

:D thank you .. I had a play around, thanks to a thread on here... It's not too bad considering how I am with computers... (They don't like me...) :lol::lol::lol:

I love Sheldon from seeing him in your sig... :love:
Your day sounded rough yesterday... :( Glad Sheldon could help... ;) hope it was a better one today. :wave:

I love your new siggy too.

I love Sheldon.

Mottle has been soooooo gorgeous. He is getting abx for his sneezes and I give him a blob of ellies kitchen organic baby food with it in which he licks up all cutely (Peaches has some undoctered stuff too). Rabbits are ACE.

That sounds like the perfect greeting :love: you have two very happy bunnies who love you loads!!! Phoebe is coming on so well! It's so lovely when they start doing things to let you know that they know you're not going to hurt them, that you're not as scary as they first thought and that they actually even like and want you now!! Harvey was a pester for head rubs, binky-to-see-you rabbit from day 1, Lilly though has come round to accept me and it's really rewarding when she does new things to show her trust!

I get the occasional binkies and mad running around when I get home, only if I've been out all day and until late though, and in the morning if they're awake when I go downstairs they are sooooo excited and just want cuddles :love:

Back