• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleeping Bunnies

Flowerlady

Young Bun
I hate finding my bunnies asleep it always gives me a fright why do they look dead? George has twice give me a fright over the past couple of days. I also had to give Gizmo a poke on Saturday just to make sue he was alive, he was not moving although Nala was climbing all over him. Do they not realise it makes my heart skip a beat each time :(

When my bridge bun Thumper was young he'd race around, & then keel over actually hitting the floor in a dead bunny flop. It had me worried for months that he had some form of epilepsy, but I eventually got used to it.

I think they feel very secure to do this, so there's a positive to it too.:D

So far I've never seen my two do a proper DBF. They flop down and relax but I've never seen them asleep. Thank goodness! I think it would give me a heart attack!

I'm SOOOOOOOO glad it's not just me!!! Blueberry is the only one of mine who will fall asleep and do a DBF. I have to rush up to him every time and prod him to check he's ok. Then I feel bad for waking him up :lol:

First time he did it, I was about to rush him off to the vets and put a post on here for advice and everyone was like "he's asleep" :oops::lol:

I'm so paranoid and protective of my buns :oops::lol:

I'm SOOOOOOOO glad it's not just me!!! Blueberry is the only one of mine who will fall asleep and do a DBF. I have to rush up to him every time and prod him to check he's ok. Then I feel bad for waking him up :lol:

First time he did it, I was about to rush him off to the vets and put a post on here for advice and everyone was like "he's asleep" :oops::lol:

I'm so paranoid and protective of my buns :oops::lol:

I did exactly the same thing!! Monty bunny was so over dramatic with his DBF's and seeing how he was my first bun I thought I had broken him, phoned up my cousin in tears thinking she was going to come and take him away, she just laughed and laughed and laughed :oops:

I love it when mine DBF, I think it's the cutest thing ever :love: although I do check they are still breathing :lol:

They sleep with their eyes slightly open because they are a predated species.

Looks freaky but is completely normal ;)

When my bridge bun Thumper was young he'd race around, & then keel over actually hitting the floor in a dead bunny flop. It had me worried for months that he had some form of epilepsy, but I eventually got used to it.

I think they feel very secure to do this, so there's a positive to it too.:D

Fiver does this when he is VERY happy. :lol: He did it for the first time only a few months ago, I was really worried, but then I realised he was just really excited and happy about being in the front room. He raced and binkied around and then FLUNG himself down into a happy flop on a towel, making a very large "thump". :lol:

I love seeing my buns happy flop, I never walk in on them in the "flop" position, but I think it would really panic me if I did. :roll:

Bailey does this daily!! Even when he does it in front of me I get a little panicked just in case running about has made his heart go too fast.haha. I fuss him when he's flopped, eyes fully closed and he doesn't even flinch! Have to put my head on his tummy to double check he is still breathing!haha.

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
2u9yma8u.jpg

Last edited:
Bailey does this daily!! Even when he does it in front of me I get a little panicked just in case running about has made his heart go too fast.haha. I fuss him when he's flopped, eyes fully closed and he doesn't even flinch! Have to put my head on his tummy to double check he is still breathing!haha.

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
2u9yma8u.jpg

Awww Bailey looks soooo relaxed x

My boy Max is king of the bunny flops! :love: I'm used to it now but there are still times when he'll lie totally still for sooo long that I have to go and check he's still breathing :roll:

Back