• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fitch recycled bedding - safe?

Jesselle

Mama Doe
Hi

I use fitch bedding for my hamsters and have been putting a layer of it underneath Neville's hay in his litter trays. It soaks up pee nicely...

Is it safe to do so?

Thanks!

I use it too in place of wood shavings in the hutch as well as in the litter trays. I have been using it for over a month now and have not had any problems with it. My opinion is that it's better than wood shavings.

Further help RE. Fitch

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me using this thread to ask, but just wondering about those who use Fitch... Where's the cheapest to buy it? And what's the biggest weight you can buy? I have three set ups and currently two poopy trays that I want to use it in... I've heard it's more economical than wood pellet stuff and much safer than sawdust/wood shavings that can cause respiratory problems in furies... I need to change their bedding material and quick... :thumb::wave:

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me using this thread to ask, but just wondering about those who use Fitch... Where's the cheapest to buy it? And what's the biggest weight you can buy? I have three set ups and currently two poopy trays that I want to use it in... I've heard it's more economical than wood pellet stuff and much safer than sawdust/wood shavings that can cause respiratory problems in furies... I need to change their bedding material and quick... :thumb::wave:

I get mine direct from Fitch at £15.49 delivered for 20kg. I believe this is the cheapest. Amazon sells the same for £15.99 but it comes direct from Fitch so you might as well order direct from them and save 50p.

http://www.fitchrecycling.co.uk/animal-bedding/fitch-pet-bedding.html

You can buy it in 1, 8, 12 or 18 bales quantities.

I've been using the 20kg bale for over a month now and still have quite a bit left and I have two big trays and double hutch that I use it for.

I get mine direct from Fitch at £15.49 delivered for 20kg. I believe this is the cheapest. Amazon sells the same for £15.99 but it comes direct from Fitch so you might as well order direct from them and save 50p.

http://www.fitchrecycling.co.uk/animal-bedding/fitch-pet-bedding.html

You can buy it in 1, 8, 12 or 18 bales quantities.

I've been using the 20kg bale for over a month now and still have quite a bit left and I have two big trays and double hutch that I use it for.

Oh thank you so much... Really helpful link/answer - me and my bunnies appreciate it. :D I'll be so much happier knowing I've got a better bedding for my bunnies... I use a green bin to recycle all the soiled waste, do you think I could still put the soiled Fitch in there as well? :?

Oh thank you so much... Really helpful link/answer - me and my bunnies appreciate it. :D I'll be so much happier knowing I've got a better bedding for my bunnies... I use a green bin to recycle all the soiled waste, do you think I could still put the soiled Fitch in there as well? :?

I put the contents of the litter trays and hutch which basically includes Fitch, straw and hay and droppings etc into our brown bin (garden waste) and it gets emptied without any problems by the bin men.

I put the contents of the litter trays and hutch which basically includes Fitch, straw and hay and droppings etc into our brown bin (garden waste) and it gets emptied without any problems by the bin men.

Me too.

me,the buns and the hamster are a fan of fitch. Ive been using it for about 4 months now and after trying lots of stuff this is the one I will stick with x

I put the fitch in my green garden bin.

I use it for all my furries - best bedding I've ever used. Brilliant for long haired animals as doesnt stick or tangle.

Im a fan too! Just got my first lot 2 days ago and so far its great. It is so absorbant , when I empty the litter trays it just tips out and doesnt leave any wetness behind atall:) great stuff! Wood pellets was costing me 30-40 quid a month so at 15.99 this is a huge saving :) happy days and happy bun bums :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Does it smell at all? I'm finding the latest couple of bags of megazorb have been quite stinky

nope, and i have a really sensitive nose. the only very slightly detectable smell is that of paper. carefresh smells 10 times more than fitch in my opinion.

i also put it in my garden waste bag with the hay :)

thanks to all who answered!

nope, and i have a really sensitive nose. the only very slightly detectable smell is that of paper. carefresh smells 10 times more than fitch in my opinion.

i also put it in my garden waste bag with the hay :)

thanks to all who answered!

Thanks! I've ordered some. With the rabbits megazorb is OK as hay is over it but with my hamster you can smell it as you walk past so I might switch all of them over to it once this bag of megazorb is done

Back