• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunnys Alaska set up

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
I can't get over how big it is! She loves it been running around like a nutcase all night :lol:
It's a bit empty at the moment, unfortunately the parcel with the bits to go inside the cage hasn't arrived yet!

null_zpsdfb1e09a.jpg

null_zps59aa0b04.jpg

null_zps6c6b278d.jpg

Really not keen on the shelf but absolutely love the cage!

I really like the look of the shelf. Did it come with it? Looks nice and easy to clean. The only thing with Harvest's chicken coop is that it is so hard to access easily. Is the box it came in suitable as a supervised play area?

I really like the look of the shelf. Did it come with it? Looks nice and easy to clean. The only thing with Harvest's chicken coop is that it is so hard to access easily. Is the box it came in suitable as a supervised play area?

Do you mean the bark thing? If so I brought that separately, it's got little compartments in to replicate how they would live in the wild apparently. The shelf is really flimsy plastic I didn't like it at all so took it out..
Funny you should say that we're keeping the box for that reason :lol:

I'm going to, she loves to dig! We are short till the weekend though as I also use it in the bunnies litter tray :)

It also makes it safer in case of any clumsy falls, hamsters have no perception of height :shock: I only found that out recently :lol:
When I used megazorb we had to buy 2 bags as I would use nearly one on filling the base of the ZZ and the Alexander, I'd go back to it but it makes me cough something terrible.. Shame really as it's from where we buy the bales of hay! Phoebe and Apollo seem to like having their cages full of bedding like substrate though so I guess it's worth it :lol:

Awww how cute, my domino has this cage and he loves it... he has the shelf in there tho, thats where he keeps his food but his bed is under the shelf... he has a hanging wooden ledge and a huge wheel :D

Back