PDA

View Full Version : How are your bunnies tonight with the firework?

Rexripley
05-11-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm popping out every hour or two just to check on mine, they don't seem fussed tonight
Just wondering if I should shut the shed window though?

MissSherwood89
05-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Mylo lives in our room but I don't think she's even noticed anything going on! :lol::roll:

Much better than me, I'm terrified! :oops:

mini lop1
05-11-2013, 09:40 PM
there house bunnies and have never seemed bothered

littleboots
05-11-2013, 09:41 PM
My six are all fine.... dont give a hoot
My dog is a different matter :(

katie88
05-11-2013, 09:47 PM
My two really don't worry about it at all even though they're outdoor buns. Marbles is afraid of everything but even she doesn't seem to be bothered by fireworks. It's odd!

Fee
05-11-2013, 10:03 PM
I've had my 2 in tonight for an hour.. Its really lovely to have them indoors, there was lots of mutual grooming, lovely comfy flops and binkies.... Poor wee souls, they're back outside again and Willow is hiding in her box.... Smudge doesnt give a stuff!!!

I think k now realise how fab it would be to have house bunnies... if only............. xxxx

TheBinkyBunny
05-11-2013, 10:03 PM
my 2 are spooked at the moment so i brought them in the house with the heating off and i have just put them back out while they were in they were given snuggles and few treats

ripminnie
05-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Indoor and outdoor bunnies are all fine :D the only time there's a problem is when one of those massive bomb-like ones goes off :( then Daisy and Digby freak. They should be banned.

Hesperus
05-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Ludo's fine (house bun)

tonibun
05-11-2013, 10:25 PM
ALL mine are fine. They are never bothered by fireworks or thunder- very strange!

Fee
05-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Its now 9 and the fireworks are now EXPLOSIVE,!!!!! Its madness out there, Willow is tearing about the shed and has gone through her water bowl about 10 times!!

I agree, they should be banned.....

Fee xxx

Scruffy
05-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Our two scatter when one of the massive ones pop off, I brought them in at 5pm and will put them back out in an hour or so, get the brunt of the bangs out the way!

Fee
05-11-2013, 10:29 PM
I've had to put my 2 back out, my son is sneezing and itching!!,

Fee x

moi
05-11-2013, 10:32 PM
My neighbours have got a few crackly and banging ones going at the mo. The buns are sitting in there run completly unfazed! :shock::D

icklepxy
05-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Totally unimpressed. Meg glances up when one makes the window light up but that's about the extent of it. I keep jumping!

tulsi
05-11-2013, 10:37 PM
I went out to check them when our ww2 style display about two mins away began. Frosty was chilled out on top of the big hutch inside the shed, Snowflake, Tessie and Daisy were crammed into the little hutch in there (no door on it) in a little bunny heap.

Mottle was lying out in his run and Peaches was behind their hutch.

Our dog, Jojo (black labrador x) was panting and shaking. She has her thundershirt on and I think she seems a little better than usual.

Guinea pigs (3) who live in my bedroom (x) were all huddled together under one of their plastic stools. Quite a squeeze!

icklepxy
05-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Our dog, Jojo (black labrador x) was panting and shaking. She has her thundershirt on and I think she seems a little better than usual.

What is a Thundershirt?

Charlotte_Jordanna
05-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Biff and Bram are fine, both house bunnies too.

tulsi
05-11-2013, 10:46 PM
What is a Thundershirt?

Its a specially designed coat that fits nice and snugly with velcro. The pressure of it is meant to have a soothing effect on them. (I have seen them for dogs and cats).

The first time I put it on her (no fireworks or anything) she gave a little sigh and fell asleep x

FireRose
05-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Merlin seems fine with them, though he is a house bunny, but that's because he is a hard core asbo bunny lol..

Currently at scooping out Hay from a wee forage box I made up for him lol

Fifibutton
05-11-2013, 11:10 PM
They have been fine thankfully. I went to a big display but my brother kept an eye on them and the were not bothered in the slightest. Its the same every year. I feel bad for wild animals and really nervous pets though :(

Den
05-11-2013, 11:12 PM
My 2 were fine!! I was really worried about Nancy as she is so jumpy when I move the wheelie bins but every time I went to check on them they were clamouring for their bedtime treats:lol::lol:

They're so surprising, I can have the hoover on in the kitchen (their hutch is right outside), OH often has power tools going in the garage - they dont flinch, but the minute those wheelie bins roll along they dont like it.:roll:

newbabybuns
05-11-2013, 11:20 PM
All three hid. Wouldn't come out for hay, or a treat of kale. I put music on near them to distract from the worst of the noise as they are used to music and slowly they all came back out. Lola was hidden in her tunnel and was trying to dig the carpet in it I guess to try and find somewhere safer for herself to get to :(

It wasn't as bad here today as it was on random days last week luckily.

fiona0529
05-11-2013, 11:44 PM
My 2 have been brought indoors for the Winter and are loving being back inside. Lots of flops and binkies. They didn't even bat an eyelid at the fireworks.

biscandmatt1
05-11-2013, 11:48 PM
none of my lot were bothered. all inside though so not too loud really. :wave:

thumps_
06-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Poor Benjie my huge bundle of love:cry: jammed himelf into a corner under my bed in absolute terror & I spent much of the night trying to get him to eat. Even with windows closed I can smell the sulphur in the air.
I hate private fireworks, & wish we could just have a few municipal displays.

A fox was unusually vocal last night too, another type of prolonged barking sound I haven't heard before, so I don't know what it means.

Jaysmonkey
06-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Indifferent, they are indoors.

If they were outdoor though, like my past bunnies I bring them in for this time of year and keep them in a cool area.

Aly&Poppy<3
06-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Neither the indoor or outdoor rabbits were/are bothered in the slightest.