• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How are your bunnies tonight with the firework?

Rexripley

Mama Doe
I'm popping out every hour or two just to check on mine, they don't seem fussed tonight
Just wondering if I should shut the shed window though?

Mylo lives in our room but I don't think she's even noticed anything going on! :lol::roll:

Much better than me, I'm terrified! :oops:

My two really don't worry about it at all even though they're outdoor buns. Marbles is afraid of everything but even she doesn't seem to be bothered by fireworks. It's odd!

I've had my 2 in tonight for an hour.. Its really lovely to have them indoors, there was lots of mutual grooming, lovely comfy flops and binkies.... Poor wee souls, they're back outside again and Willow is hiding in her box.... Smudge doesnt give a stuff!!!

I think k now realise how fab it would be to have house bunnies... if only............. xxxx

my 2 are spooked at the moment so i brought them in the house with the heating off and i have just put them back out while they were in they were given snuggles and few treats

Indoor and outdoor bunnies are all fine :D the only time there's a problem is when one of those massive bomb-like ones goes off :( then Daisy and Digby freak. They should be banned.

Its now 9 and the fireworks are now EXPLOSIVE,!!!!! Its madness out there, Willow is tearing about the shed and has gone through her water bowl about 10 times!!

I agree, they should be banned.....

Fee xxx

Our two scatter when one of the massive ones pop off, I brought them in at 5pm and will put them back out in an hour or so, get the brunt of the bangs out the way!

My neighbours have got a few crackly and banging ones going at the mo. The buns are sitting in there run completly unfazed! :shock::D

Totally unimpressed. Meg glances up when one makes the window light up but that's about the extent of it. I keep jumping!

I went out to check them when our ww2 style display about two mins away began. Frosty was chilled out on top of the big hutch inside the shed, Snowflake, Tessie and Daisy were crammed into the little hutch in there (no door on it) in a little bunny heap.

Mottle was lying out in his run and Peaches was behind their hutch.

Our dog, Jojo (black labrador x) was panting and shaking. She has her thundershirt on and I think she seems a little better than usual.

Guinea pigs (3) who live in my bedroom (x) were all huddled together under one of their plastic stools. Quite a squeeze!

What is a Thundershirt?

Its a specially designed coat that fits nice and snugly with velcro. The pressure of it is meant to have a soothing effect on them. (I have seen them for dogs and cats).

The first time I put it on her (no fireworks or anything) she gave a little sigh and fell asleep x

Merlin seems fine with them, though he is a house bunny, but that's because he is a hard core asbo bunny lol..

Currently at scooping out Hay from a wee forage box I made up for him lol

Back