• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Benjie

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
I felt so sorry for him today. He's been sooo patient, & asked me sooo politely for a stroke but I hurt my back at the w/e & get very painful spasms changing posture. There's no way I can lift him, & getting off the floor was :censored: agony.
This morning he was a right pain in the proverbial, getting into the wardrobe & chewing books. OK so he's being attention seeking, but he's being reasonable, cos he hasn't had his fair share for a couple of days.
MY trip to the chiropracter has restored peace to the household.

It really is poor Benjie. HE needs some sympathy.
Your own stories of unusal ways "naughty bunny" behaviour was resilved are very welcome too.

Last edited:
Sooo sorry to read about your back. It is just so :censored: having back pain and not being able to do anything ...

I tend to give cardboard boxes and wood to chew and or any digging type things but if you cant move it could be tricky.

I really hope your pain eases soon. Hope the ciropracotr (sp) helped.

Sorry to hear about your pain.

My Spenser has become quite a random chewer ... recently I have caught him trying to supplement his diet with oddities ranging from my hot water bottle to the cord used to open and close the blinds for my bedroom window. :shock: He has quite a diverse taste in literature too... :roll:

Apple twigs are good for diverting him, but I have (bad bunny Mummy) currently run out of these. He does have toys, but tends to throw them about rather than chewing them.

Thanks for replies everyone.
It really is Benjie who needs the sympathy. He was found in the middle of town & really is terrified of everything except humans. So he spent his 1st year mainly under my bed or hidey hole. He began to come out of himself a bit this year, coming downstairs in the evening & occasionally venturing into the garden for 5 mins.
So he's never really played, or showed any interest in exploring except to find places to hide, despite all my efforts!!

I'm not happy about it, but he's totally besotted with me. Now he lies up in the doorway, & whenever I pass his head goes down into "groom me, groom me " position. Even when he's eating, he'll stop to come over for a stroke. I've never known a rabbit like it. From day 1 even though he was still prepubertal if I reprimanded him quietly with "a-a" he'd turn his back on what he was doing, & hop away from it.

My back is a ligament strain but I get alot of muscle spasm with it. The chiropracter was very helpful indeed. As soon as I got home I took a walk to keep the mobility. I also found a sort of bench called a prayer stool, originally used for kneeling without getting "numb bum" I think it's better than those Japanese seats to keep the back straight. So I can get down to him & more importantly get up again now.

He doesn't understand that my back hurts. It's upset him alot.

Oh bless Benjie. :( He sounds like my Fiver. He is very much attached to me and constantly seeks attention from me. If I ignore him, he nips and digs at me..if I ignore him further, he starts throwing things around or destroying things/getting places he shouldn't. :roll: He is a norty bunny, but generally if I say "FIVER" loud and sharply, he stops what he is doing. He is bonded with two other buns, so it's not like he really "needs" me. :roll:

Could you maybe teach him to jump up onto something for nose rubs? I have a cat scratching post that would be an ideal height for a bun to sit on and be stroked without needing to bend down. Could you get something like this and see if he will jump onto it? You could use a little stool or something for him to use to get up. Mine is next to my bed so they can use the bed to hop onto it. You could offer treats/food at first and he will eventually learn that if he hops up, he gets nice things.

Back