• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help with Spraying?

Carls305

New Kit
Hi guys :wave:

I've got two rabbits, a buck Nethie cross English Spot called Peanut and he is one year and 8 months old, neutered.

Buttons who is a mini lop, 6 months old just and not spayed.

A few days ago I noticed there was wee EVERYWHERE in their hutch. They share a double tier hutch and wee was on every single "wall" This has never happened before, she is very neat with her wee, always goes in the litter tray and he has recently learned to wee in the litter tray since moving in with her.

I put this down to maybe them being scared as there were a lot of fireworks going off and it was very windy so last night we brought them both inside as we are still waiting for a new shed to be delivered. I got up in the morning and there was wee all over our floor and on the radiator by the wall, so it couldn't of been the noises that made them do it.

I also do not know which bunny did it! We have watched them for quite a while and didn't see either one do it! However, Peanut has wee on the side of him and underneath his chin which leads me to believe it was Buttons that did it, but she's always been very neat with her wee and I know she is not spayed yet but she is only tiny still so I don't really want to spay her until she's grown a bit.

Any advice for me?

Thank you,

Carly. :)

She's 6 months old so hormones have peaked somewhat, now is the time for spaying ;) then the spraying/weeing everywhere will stop (after a few weeks) and prevent a fall out/fight in the bond :)

One of my girls was spayed at just under 6 months old and she was small, but that's just her breed. As long as she's healthy and you have a rabbit savvy vet then all will be good :) (If they tell you to not feed her before the op then find another vets, rabbits can eat right up to the point of operation as they can't be sick like cats and dogs!)

Back