• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phoebe hammy!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Emerging from her tunnel -

Having a bath! I put per millet in the sand bath and she's hilarious to watch, she'll be chewing it upsidedown, rolling around and trying to drag it out :lol:

These 2 are a bit rubbish/blurry!

Aww.... :love: You did well to get those piccies. They are so hard to photograph! :D

I was tempting her with a mealworm and that milky bone in her bowl :oops: She never sits still otherwise :lol:

She jumped out of the door last night while I was changing her bedding :shock: She looked so happy.. "I'm free, I'm freeee!" but she couldn't go anywhere :lol: I had to make a ramp out of my arm so she could get back in :roll: :lol:

What a cutie! I had no idea hamsters could have sand baths or is it just that type of hamster! I have never owned one :( My mum wouldn't let me when I was young but im tempted to get one everytime I see pictures of yours!

What a cutie! I had no idea hamsters could have sand baths or is it just that type of hamster! I have never owned one :( My mum wouldn't let me when I was young but im tempted to get one everytime I see pictures of yours!

Any hamster can have a sandbath, I use chinchilla sand but you can use childrens sand, you just have to bake it to get rid of any bacteria that may be in there! I've seen some people get really angry over the fact syrians don't use them so shouldn't have them :shock: :lol: You should see mine, he loves it!

I was never allowed hamsters either but my bf wanted one and we've had 3 since then :lol: Spent at least £300 on cages.. We started off with a tiny one :( but ended up with a Zoozone2, Alexander and Kios :p I want the Alaska or Barney next :D

Any hamster can have a sandbath, I use chinchilla sand but you can use childrens sand, you just have to bake it to get rid of any bacteria that may be in there! I've seen some people get really angry over the fact syrians don't use them so shouldn't have them :shock: :lol: You should see mine, he loves it!

I was never allowed hamsters either but my bf wanted one and we've had 3 since then :lol: Spent at least £300 on cages.. We started off with a tiny one :( but ended up with a Zoozone2, Alexander and Kios :p I want the Alaska or Barney next :D

Im now having a read on hamsters, it says they are from the deserts so they must like sand! It also says the whole pet population of Syrian hamsters are from a single brother and sister!
Your setups look like the ultimate fun centres for hamsters, they must have such a happy life bet they are a joy to watch too! Im sure people wouldn't seem to get so bored with them if they put more thought into it like you clearly have :wave:

Im now having a read on hamsters, it says they are from the deserts so they must like sand! It also says the whole pet population of Syrian hamsters are from a single brother and sister!
Your setups look like the ultimate fun centres for hamsters, they must have such a happy life bet they are a joy to watch too! Im sure people wouldn't seem to get so bored with them if they put more thought into it like you clearly have :wave:

Thank you :love: I do love them, I could easily spend so much money on them :lol: I'm getting a new playpen next week, one neither will be able to climb out of! I can watch them for hours though, I'm trying to convince my bf we need another roborovski (we only had my little April for about 3/4months before she became too poorly with her spinning, brain damage and huge tumour :(), I'm purposely trying to find one to adopt :oops: :lol:

Back