• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor digging box

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
What do other people put in digging boxes for indoors?

I was thinking paper but Nutmeg will definitely wee on that (though knowing her she'll probably wee on whatever i put in there!). Sand or compost is far too messy for indoors. We're kinda thinking maybe turf or some sort of wood chips?

Would wood chips be ok for them?

I dump several+ cut up cheap blankets and old towels into the dog bed and they go to town :lol: Same with Donny and Lola, they have loads of blankets in their house as they dig everything out so it's just easier to clean up than hay :lol: They're easy to wash too if they get weed on, I shake them and stick them in a pillow case for the washing machine.

That's a good idea, they dig on their blankets now but if I cut them into rags then they could have a proper rummage. :thumb:

I used scrunched up newspaper when Frosty and Snowflake were indoors (oh God they were wonderful). They really enjoyed it. No wees but a few poos esp if I hid pellets in there.

I used scrunched up newspaper when Frosty and Snowflake were indoors (oh God they were wonderful). They really enjoyed it. No wees but a few poos esp if I hid pellets in there.

Unfortunately Nutmeg is a nightmare for weeing. :roll: On their blankets, middle of the floor, right bang next to a nice full litter tray. I think whatever I put in she'll wee though. :?

maybe aubiose?

What's auboise like?

It's like small wood chips, except it's hemp. It would be easy to just chuck away if it gets soiled.

It's like small wood chips, except it's hemp. It would be easy to just chuck away if it gets soiled.

That sounds like a good idea, i'm pretty sure they sell it where I buy my hay bales. I'm going tomorrow, might see if i can get a sample.

Horse supply places sell Aubiouse, I used GJW Titmus. It comes in large sacks, over 100 litres uncompressed.

http://www.aubiose.co.uk/

I use aubiose in my buns litter trays - its great...the wee soaks to the bottom so the top is dry for their feet. It absorbs very well & lasts ages. Its also phenol free as its not pine...so much better for buns respiratory. ;)

Good thing I found this post since I was having a hard time on what to put in my rabbits digging boxes. I am thinking on getting a wood chips but changed my mind after reading this to cup cheap blankets and towels instead.

Back