• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit (and cat) fosterers needed - Guildford and District RSPCA

AnnieElms

Mama Doe
I foster and help out with the rehoming of the rabbits at my small local RSPCA Branch in Guildford. We now have increasing numbers of bunnies coming in ( :( ) and are looking for more volunteer rabbit fosterers.

Rabbit fosterers
This is a varied role, and fosterers can be as involved as they like in the rehoming side of it, but as a minimum we would need someone who:

1. Is in the Guildford area (our area covers Guildford, Godalming, Milford, Chiddingfold, Cranleigh, Peaslake, Effingham, Jacob’s Well and the surrounding areas, so we prefer fosterers to be within that area, but please don't be put off if you are just outside as we may still be able to work something out).
  2. Has a fair knowledge of rabbit diet, health and behaviour
  3. Can take foster rabbits to the vet as necessary
  4. Is happy to allow potential adopters to visit the bunnies in their foster home.

Foster accommodation can be provided by the RSPCA branch.

We are currently a team of just two bunny fosterers, so you would be joining a small, supportive team of bunny mad people :D

If you would like to find out more, please feel free to PM me :)

Cat fostering
Please see our website for details of cat fostering: http://www.rspca.org.uk/local/guild...ews?newsTitle=Cat fosterers wanted&newsId=382. We are overrun with cats currently :( and many are in private boarding and would greatly benefit from a home environment.

Just bumping this up. We really need more bunny fosterers. There are so many rabbits being handed in that we are having to turn them away :(

Let me know if you'd like more information :)

Near Southampton

oh, such a shame that is a bit too far :( Have you thought about contacting your local Branch? They may be able to use a fosterer if you are keen to foster. I don't know what the local branch is like or if they take in rabbits though, so best to do a bit of research first if you did decide you were interested. Thanks for replying to my thread x

oh, such a shame that is a bit too far :( Have you thought about contacting your local Branch? They may be able to use a fosterer if you are keen to foster. I don't know what the local branch is like or if they take in rabbits though, so best to do a bit of research first if you did decide you were interested. Thanks for replying to my thread x

We looked into fostering a whole ago but struggled to find anywhere local, such a shame!

Back