• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Any spare vibes for my Bramble would be appreciated. U/D - We have lost our boy xx :(

BerryJane

Alpha Buck
I know there are a lot of poorlies out there but my Bramble is suffering today very much.

Took him for his vaccinations on Thursday and mentioned he was eating oddly but ok in himself. Vet found spurs so he was booked in for a Dental Friday. This is his first although his brother Blossom has had a few including one on Tuesday last week!

When I picked him up they said he had lost 2 molars on one side! I have never had any issues with Brambles health and have no idea when he lost them. He came back groggy but by the evening as eating ok ish - not normal but ok. Yesterday he went downhill so I gave him some Criticalcare food and his metacam.

Still not good today so took him to emergency vets first thing. They gave him 2 injections and said that he didnt seem blocked so ok to syringe feed him today. They gave me a syrup to give him (cant remember name) which I have done. He has fought to be syringe fed but we have managed to give him some. I have separated him and Blossom for a few hours to check his litter tray - at the moment some wee but no droppings. I dont want to keep syringing him incase there is now blockage. He has another appointment tomorrow but not til 5. I know that the constant messing with him and taking him out is stressing him and it becomes a vicous circle but we are so worried about him. Blossom is still getting over his dental and now is stressed too about being apart from Bram. I am putting them back together tonight but feel sick inside. This is the first time in a year he has been to the vets and he is now so poorly!

Sorry for the ramble but vibes for my little Black fur ball would be appreciated if you could. Thanks xx

Last edited:
I know how worried you must be, my Rolo isn't very well at the moment and it's so stressful.

Sending lots of vibes for Bramble xxx

thank you xx

Hope Rolo picks up. I am sat here in tears as I hate to see any of them poorly - I feel so helpless but know i am doing everything I can. He looks so sad. :(:cry:

Sending lots of get well soon vibes for little Bramble, I hope he has a comfortable night and feels better soon xx

Got up to check and he has died. Beyond words at the moment. Blossom was with him in the kitchen so I guess he 'knows' but due to me not knowing how long he has been dead should I let Blossom see himagain do you think. There is much sadness here today. Thanks for your vibes and support. He was loved so much xx

Got up to check and he has died. Beyond words at the moment. Blossom was with him in the kitchen so I guess he 'knows' but due to me not knowing how long he has been dead should I let Blossom see himagain do you think. There is much sadness here today. Thanks for your vibes and support. He was loved so much xx

If Blossom has moved away from him then she has accepted that he has gone :cry:

Thank you. They were so close. Bramble was always one step behind Blossom, lolloping behind bless him. They were always grooming each other. Blossom is running in and out of every room at the moment, active but I am reading things into it. Is he looking for him. I have never lost a bonded rabbit before so this is new and very unwelcome territory. I feel like I am in a bad dream - I know you know! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Is being inside a new environment ? If so the running around will be Blossom exploring rather than actively looking for Bramble. I would just keep an eye on Blossom's 'input and output' and let him do his own thing for today. Some Rabbits can 'move on' from a bereavement almost immediately, which for us can be just as sad to witness as one who is less able to do so :cry:

I'm so sorry bramble has gone, truly am:cry: I wish there were words I could say to take the pain away..binky free bramble x

Back