• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recently bonded buns into hutch - now thumping :(

Lemonade

Warren Scout
Toffee and Socks were inside for a fortnight and I was happy that they were settled so put them back outside today :(
Haven't heard anything untoward but checking on them regularly.
My question is, how long should I keep them in the hutch before letting them out in the run on the grass?
Conscience of the fact that they haven't had a proper run for yonks :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Toffee and Socks were inside for a fortnight and I was happy that they were settled so put them back outside today :(
Haven't heard anything untoward but checking on them regularly.
My question is, how long should I keep them in the hutch before letting them out in the run on the grass?
Conscience of the fact that they haven't had a proper run for yonks :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice is to trust your instinct- you know your rabbits better than we do. If you feel they are ready wait until you have a day at home so you can keep an eye on them and put them back in. Be careful that you don't put them back suddenly (maybe in intervals-in the run during the day and in the hutch by night possibly?) as they might have become used to the warmer enclosed hutch.

Leave them in the hutch for 2 - 3 days so they get accustomed to it and they will know that's where their food etc is.

Unfortunately hutch & run are not attached.

Will leave in hutch for a bit and then put them out in run with attached hideaway & go from there.

Just heard around 6 thumps coming from the hutch but hutch is now covered up with tarp so can't see what's going on properly (although wouldn't be able to without taking torch out). Hope they're going to be ok... :?

maybe they're upset for being in a hutch and not outside in the run? Or they heard something that upset them. Thumping is ok, it's a lot more movement that you should worry about.

Back