• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

laminate flooring

Flowerlady

Young Bun
We have just had new laminate flooring put down in the kitchen and hallway and my buns don't seem to coping with it too well, it looks like they are we walking on ice. We deliberately went for a textured flooring but they seem to be having a problem with it and now they don't like coming out of their pen. Other than ripping the flooring up anyone have any ideas what I can do to try and get them used to walking on it?

My bunnies have wood floor in there room and they slowly get used to it.
I would definitely put a rug down though, just be careful they don eat it mine did :shock:

Personally I am very wary of Rabbits being kept on laminate flooring. It does not provide a substrate that enables them to have a natural gait and IMO it can lead to problems with sore hocks and hip and spine issues. So I would definitely provide rugs for the Rabbits.

I bought cheap carpet squares from Homebase and kept a huge piece of the old carpet, so my indoor bunny can use them. The old piece of carpet is really useful as he can still run around on it under the bed.

When he is not otherwise engaged eating the bed !! :lol:

I saw him ready to launch himself up on the bed this morning so picked him up and put him in bed with me. He was nice and calm for about half an hour but then wanted to start eating right through another sheet. :shock: I had to get up and give him a crunchie and put him in the dog crate but watched him carefully for the next hour. :lol:

When mine came in for the storm that didnt happen here they had trouble on the laminate floor. Rugs sorted it for them. Usually I give them cardboard with rugs on top. They like to dig and chew the cardboard. Looks really posh too as you can imagine!!!:lol:

Back